Cash to Burn

speedcake

Today's my birthday and I just got roughly 130 clams to spend on transformers.

I want to add at least one gem to my collection, but obviously would be happy with adding a couple or three. However, the wish here is for something that really stands out. So if I gotta spend all my bucks on one bot (or 1 combiner?) then that is ok.

What would you guys suggest? I'm all ears.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The better question is what do you not have that you are looking into.. or what have you wanted in that range? :-)

Put this way, I have no gems in my collection as of yet. It would be pretty safe for everyone to suggest just about anything.

However here are a few qualifiers, I would prefer to get my G1 collection kick started and would prioritize those suggestions. I am not so interested in re-issues just now, but they are not out of the question. I am more interested in Hasbro than Takara, but any rare Takara items would considered. Binaltechs and Alternators are also far down the list, unless we are talking about very hard to find examples.

cool, keep 'em coming!

Also, any tips on where best to pick up your suggestions would be appreciated. Who has the best prices, who has the stuff in stock, etc.

well if you want to keep it hasbro with out going near the alt line your going to be let down . Takara are the only company that do "rare" stuff like limited run repaints.

maybe a g1 e-hoddy guy like clamp down, deep cover and/or tiger tracks thier not reissues and they have a limited run about 1000 or so of each ok they are basicly g1 repaints but thier cool.

if you are set on a hasbro item Alt tracks is about as close as a rare toy from them

well if you want to keep it hasbro with out going near the alt line your going to be let down . Takara are the only company that do "rare" stuff like limited run repaints.

maybe a g1 e-hoddy guy like clamp down, deep cover and/or tiger tracks thier not reissues and they have a limited run about 1000 or so of each ok they are basicly g1 repaints but thier cool.

if you are set on a hasbro item Alt tracks is about as close as a rare toy from them

Thanks for the suggestions.

And I am considering gems from 1984 to today, not just stuff from the last few years. I agree many of those E-hobby bots are pretty sweet, from what I've seen anyways.

Archived