• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smokescreen

sun & moon? cartoon version or comic version

That is a picture of the box art for the US reissue

Smokescreen

Excellent, thanks! More info like this?

I have reissue Tracks and original, reissue Grapple, original + Diaclone. That is all. I have reissue Starscream (japanese) but not original. I do have Kingdam Starscream but you can easily tell the difference with that.

Here's some other tips.

US reissues sometimes have little to no chroming, unfortunately (alas, I recently acquired reissue Prowl and I like him save that factor). Also, shortened smokestacks on Prime and Magnus are dead giveaways. Lengthened missiles due to safety laws are a pretty good sign, but not always.

Also, the Dinobots, Wheeljack, or Mirage are usually originals as the molds are either "missing" or not legally able to be used (Mirage's case).

Combiners are pretty easy to tell, and are usually G1, unless they're bootlegs, but those can be spotted by chintzy packaging.

Archived