Just got BT Prowl...and...

My Alt. Mode Sucks

He's great. In spite of all the Prowl-bashing half the board was doing several months ago (myself included :redface), I like him. Definitely cool. He's got a transformation that's challenging, as is the case with all Alts/BTs, but unlike some (COUGHCOUGHWHEELJACKCOUGHHACKCHOKESUPALUNG) it isn't overly complicated. Love teh billy club (though the term "Blight Stick" amuses me), the gun is...uh...not the best gun-molded-from-engine I've ever seen (probably to make the whiners at Honda happy :roll), but I can live with it. The lack of articulation in the legs doesn't bother me much (after all, I still like Sideswipe, and he has even LESS articulation there), and overall, the "flip-down" chest looks pretty damn cool. My Prowl had no incidents of breakage (sorry to hear about what happened to yours, SC), the alt. mode is sleek, very realistic (no ridiculous G1 decals for me kthx *Remembers that he put the flamey sticker on his Tracks...d'oh*), and the robot mode looks like...well, a badass cop you wouldn't wanna mess with. Oh, of course I got the police cruiser version...anyway, one of my new faves all-in-all. :thumb

ya man, prowl is awesome, I have the vivid blue version myself! and as for his leg articulation, try out this mod for him :

http://www.tfmaster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2896

it doesnt do anything non-reversable so you can always change it back, keeps the transformation exactly the same (san-rotating the hips) and makes him have tons more motion in the legs! I am sure its how its suposed to be assembled, they just had another factory error

ya man, prowl is awesome, I have the vivid blue version myself! and as for his leg articulation, try out this mod for him :

it doesnt do anything non-reversable so you can always change it back, keeps the transformation exactly the same (san-rotating the hips) and makes him have tons more motion in the legs! I am sure its how its suposed to be assembled, they just had another factory error

:eek :eek2

*just did mod.... in like a minute*

ZOMG THIS RULES :tfdance

Talk about going from zero to hero.... I can't believe how much cooler he is now!

I don't think it was a factory error though b/c every proto we ever saw had the legs that way. Someone said it might have been to differentiate the mold from Grimlock/Wheeljack and I think I agree with that.

Anyway it's awesome!! Simple, reversible, no actual kitbash skills needed -- TEH WIN :thumb

wow when i get him im doing that from the get go

Did this mod w/in a few minutes of transforming Prowl for the first time. You can also mod the thighs and them around the same way as the lower legs to make the screw holes face the back like they are supposed to. Doesn't affect the transformation at all and makes for a much cleaner looking bot mode.

I absolutely love this mod, simply b/c it makes him look more like G1 Prowl (I know you LOVE IT Madhammer!!!), but it also has the added bonus of increasing the articulation, which is what part of what this line is about.

I see the point in differentiating b/w Grimlock and WJ, but I definitely think that this is actually the way this mold was designed to transform.

Now I just need to get some repro stickers to make him look more like the Alt version (again, right at cha Madhammer, ah hahaha). I just personally like the Alt decals and will be getting them once reprostickers.com makes some.

I did the modification...OH MY GOD IT RULES! :eek

Not only is it better-looking (and more similar to the original's legs), the poseability PWNS most of the other molds.

BTW, G1 stickers sux0r unless they're needed (Alt. Jazz)

I'd rather just keep him like he is, seriously, I like the cleanness/realism of the cop car.

He's great. In spite of all the Prowl-bashing half the board was doing several months ago (myself included :redface]

Whadaya mean ?  I  *STILL*  don't like 'him'.  I look at the vent details on the legs and all i can think is 'Why didn't they just leave it as (Red) alert?'

Everything about this mod rocks.  It's realy simple (just swap from the knee down).  And it improves the look, ballance, articulation and G1-ness.  I had been just reversing the legs without the mod and wondering about swithcing the hip section, but this is much simpler.   There are still significant issues with this mold:

- Little arms

- Squigly tires

- (possibly) durabilty

- lame gun

But he's 100% better with his legs going the right direction.  I think his lower body is now the best of binalts (possible tie with the RX8 molds).  Overall a huge advantage over the factory transformation. Thanks for the tip.

P-

Archived