Cybertron's Successor

Ultimatetransfan

Who's in favor of North America doing another TF series?  I miss the days of Beast Wars and Generation 1.  As soon as Beast Machines was over, TF got handed back to Japan, and after 4 Japanese series, I'm ready for a change.  Granted, Beast Machine's story sucked hard, but the animation was superb.  Much better than the CG in Energon or Cybertron by far.

So what do you think?  Should North America get to do the next series?  And if so, who do you want to do it?  I'm voting for Mainframe.  Even though US TF series are probably dead forever

Beast Machines' story did NOT suck hard, KTHX.

I would soo like a north american TF show, if the animation was on par with Japan, but it isnt. There hasn't been a truly good animation, non cgi since... Transformers G1. Maybe if Japan did something like Cowboy Bebop, with something both audiences like, maybe us TF fans will be satisfied.

I am SO f**king tired of Japanese animation... or the "Japanese style" of animation that is filling the airwaves these days.  It seems that if it's not a show like Teen Titans or Zatch Bell, it's a crappy American show like Ed, Edd, and Eddy, or the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, of the Kids Next Door.  Why can't they just make a normal goddamned cartoon like in the good old days?  Something like Thundercats, Transformers G1, Silverhawks, G.I. Joe, and so on... Even He-Man was better than the crap I see today. I leave the cartoon network on most of the time on the weekends when my son is here, and I swear there's not one show on the station that I actually feel good about letting my son watch.  It's either lame imported trading card shows like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon, or some riddiculous american show like Mucha Lucha or that show about the Orphanage for Imaginary friends or whatever.

Fosters Home for Imagenary Friends is probably the best "reguler" show on CN. As for acation shows, Teen Titans and JLU Kick enourmuse amounts of assitude.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying that shows like Billy and Mandy aren't funny, or that Teen Titans sucks, I just miss the days when shows didn't have to either be non-stop action and all serious like TT or JLU, or have to have that Spongebob/Ren and Stimpy humor like Billy And Mandy does.  I miss just a regular cartoon.  :tfsad

I'm not saying that shows like Billy and Mandy aren't funny, or that Teen Titans sucks, I just miss the days when shows didn't have to either be non-stop action and all serious like TT or JLU, or have to have that Spongebob/Ren and Stimpy humor like Billy And Mandy does.  I miss just a regular cartoon.  :tfsad

OH

Well, TT is mostly mixed, actually. it does have the occasional completely serious episode, but with a psycho Powerglide like Slade, they kind of have to. >.>

JLU also puts in humor, but not too often, and it's always subtle.

I miss Tom and Jerry. :tfsad

I miss Tom and Jerry. :tfsad

Loonie Toons PWNS Tom and Jerry

US written, Duh. I love shows that make since and have deeper, more well rounded, fun for all ages plots. I've bumped into a lot of Females around my age that admit to watching and enjoying Beast Wars. If a show can do that, their doing something right. I have to admit though that not all Anime shows and movies are bad and dont have good plots. When it came on at a good time, I used to love Pokemon. Don't forget DBZ. To be even more honest, I liked the Energon show. The dub made me mad and the ending sucked but I still enjoyed it and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next.

I agree with the fact thast 90% of CN porgramming sucks and  pretty much prefer the seriousness of JL and maybe teen titans. I have not seen a good cartoon like those since maybe the mid 90's like "big guy and rusty" or the "men in black" cartoon series

I agree with the fact thast 90% of CN porgramming sucks and  pretty much prefer the seriousness of JL and maybe teen titans. I have not seen a good cartoon like those since maybe the mid 90's like "big guy and rusty" or the "men in black" cartoon series

:pfx

The only cartoons I bother with now since the likes of Batman THS, Superman TAS and Gargoyles ended in the mid 90s are JLU, Teen Titans and YTV's reruns of Beastwars now titled Beasties. Beasties IMO PWNs all Transformers related.

If Transformers does return after the release of the movie, nix the anime and go back to basics. Also unless the whole thing is done in BWs CG don't use it at all. No more of this half and half animation that's becoming increasinly popular in North America.            I personally wouldn't mind traditional 2d animation. :thumb

North American, please. The Armadaverse Trilogy hasn't changed my opinion of Japanese TF shows (That they blow goats), and whilst I only like G1 for the nostalgia, something by the Beast Wars/Machines team for a new series would rock so very, very much.

I mean, yes, I'd like to see something like my own fanverse (Transformers Krieg), but the later issues of the DW Armada comic show that if we'd been given the job of at least writing the recent crop of shows, we'd have done a better job than our Eastern cousins.

Archived