• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy OMFG!!! I LOVE IT!!!

if i had the funds... hahaah

alllllll vipers - tracks, sideswipe, sunstreaker, red alert

alllllll corvettes - starscream, skywarp, thundercracker, sunstorm

that would be AWSOME!!! viper vs. corvette... hahahahahahahaha :D

You forgot to meantion Sunstorm. But any who that Thundercracker rock just like all your customs do. I`ve noticed though you seem to mainly do Decepticon custom is there a reason for that or are these just the ones you feel need to be done?

You know, to be honest.  I never really liked Sunstorm.  But that's just me.  And personally, I always liked the Decepticon more.  Maybe it's my evil side.  I would like to see Has/Tak make more but I don't think it'll happen.

And 1000 fanboys cried out in pain seeing Lobo paint over an Alt Swerve.

I'm curious, what did you do for the head?  Made from scratch?

:tflaugh  I've been buying ever Swerve I can get my hands on.  My area has been really good about restocking them.  It helps having 2 Targets, a Walmart, and a TRU all pretty close and on the way home from work.  And I missed the chance last Christmas to pick up 5 Tracks before the eBay scalpers went nuts.  So I'm not letting that happen again.

And gargunkle's right.  The head is a modified Silverstreak.  On SW it's a real Alt head.  I then bought another Streak and modified another head for copying. The head on TC is a repoed one.  I don't think it turned out too bad.  I made extras just for Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge if I do them. 

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

really really good work man. i love hiw shiney he looks. almost gives him a dicast feeling. :clap

Hey Lobo, how do you like the polycarbonate paint compared to Krylon Fusion now that you've used both?  Where did you buy it and what colors do they come in?

Actually they both have their good points and bad points.  Krylons great because it's super chip resistant.  But I don't really like it because the color choices are not that great.  Don't get me wrong they have the basics and certain colors like the one I used on Megatron are perfect for him.  But I wanted a metallic blue for TC and never would have been able to get that with Fusion. 

Polycarb Paint is not as chip resistent as Krylon but its better than enamel.  I actually did a chip test for the overseas guys at Transtopiahere because they can't get Fusion in Europe.  The color choices are a lot more varied.  I think Tamiya has 48 colors of polycarb.  All the basic, plus metallics, candies, flats, and gloss. Plus it can be found anywhere where they sell Lexan bodies for RC cars(which is usually any Hobby Shop). 

The polycarb went on a lot thinner than the Krylon.  For TC I put on about 5 thin coats directly on the Swerves red and topped it off with a high gloss clear coat.  I didn't have any chipping problems when I transformed him.  And each coat took about 15 minutes to dry which is comparable to Fusion.

Also, I think the thicker coats kill some of the detail as well.  TC's head is painted with Fusion and it completely erased his mouth.  I had to go back and remove the black paint before I painted the face silver.  Where the paint on TC really brought out the detail IMO.

I think I'm going to give Polycarb paint another try for my next customs.  Well see.

Thanks again for the compliments!

Archived