I hate Snipers

Slagatron

Slag -- one reason it's becoming more frequent is because they now have automated computer applications that allow a user to auto-bid on an auction, even if they aren't currently at the computer or even have it turned on. I hate snipers too, and it's because of them I've lost a number of auctions for items I wanted, myself.

IMO using a sniper program is cheating. Whatever happened to bidding in a more decent fashion?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caveat Emptor: Let the buyer beware.

Not only does it apply to people who bid, or win,  but it applies to those who try to bid or win as well.

It's legal, it's free, and there's nothing wrong with it.

If you want the item yourself, snipe it. If not, then take the chance.

I snipe, been sniped, and so on.

I don't cry, whine, complain, yadda yadda.

Can't deal with the fire, get out of the kitchen and quitcherbitchen.

Look regardless if you sniping or not, whomever is willing to pay the highest amount within the allotted auction time usually wins. If you don't bid high and place low bids, do NOT expect to win, it really is simple as that! So remember if you want something from an auction, you can takes nibbles at the auction, usually a waste of time IMO, place a high  bid and ignore the auction and risk getting outbid, or you can simply snipe and take greater control over the situation. Sniping programs just make things convenient but in the end, it all boils down to what is the highest price you are willing/capable of paying, period.

all i ever do is snipe dude, sorry. I've losta few to snipers but they were willing to pay more than i. If your going to bid on something, put your max bid and hope you get what you want, other wise beware my kind. I tend to get stuff ultra cheap because of sniping, i don't like playing bid wars for 5-6 days, when i can let one or two fight it out, then throw my price in.

There is nothing morally wrong with sniping. At all.

1.) It's free and legal for ANYone to use.

2.) It's all about how much you're willing to pay (like others have mentioned)

There is nothing underhanded, sneaky, evil, or illegal about it.

Gotta remember this, just because you got beat, doesn't mean your bid would've been enough any way. It all comes down to whoever just HAS to have that piece.

Also, I'd say it's actually rather smart to use one, you don't go over your set limit, and you get the last word on it. Might win, might not.

There will be another auction, stop acting like your life is over if you don't win "this" one.

I did that recently on RID smokejumper.  Buy it now was 19.99 with starting bid of 9.99 I bid 19.00 cause I didn't have funds at the moment for buy it now.  When the auction ended it went over $35.00.  :tfsad

Archived