Beast Machines Dinotron Repaint: SLUDGE!

Deinonychus

Finally, Grimlock has one of his soldiers back!

sludger.jpg

sludgeb.jpg

Sludge is pretty much a straight-up repaint of Dinotron from Beast Machines. I didn't have to make any modifications to the existing mold.

Dinotron's face was pretty close to Sludge to begin with so just a little paint in the right places and the lumbering Dinobot is ready to face the Legacy Decepticons.

sludgec.jpg

The dinosaur mode does look a little weak, but again, this is due to my plan of making these things as close to the originals as possible, and Generation One Sludge isn't all that detailed to begin with.

Sludge's bio and Tech Specs can be found here:

http://members.fortunecity.com/deinonychus/sludge.html

Enjoy! :nuts

So that's the Dinobot repaint you were plotting... now hurry up with that damn citycon! :tftongue

So that's the Dinobot repaint you were plotting... now hurry up with that damn citycon! :tftongue

Amen! Very nice by the way!

I'm going to have to get that mold for that head sculpt. Though I guess it's different enough from the Wal*Mart Grimlock I use as a G1 Dinobot to warrant calling it Sludge. That's the only updated G1 Dinobot I need is a Sludge so I'm stealing your idea!!!!

I'm going to have to get that mold for that head sculpt. Though I guess it's different enough from the Wal*Mart Grimlock I use as a G1 Dinobot to warrant calling it Sludge. That's the only updated G1 Dinobot I need is a Sludge so I'm stealing your idea!!!!

Steal away my friend :thumb

Now...if only Hasbro would start stealing my ideas...

Guest Primal-Convoy

Perhaps some dark gery/black inking on the silver and brown ink on the gold would show the datials of the parts undeneth the pain, making it look a bit like the machinery under the clear parts on the original G1 mold. Then, perhaps some high gloss varnish on the metallic areas to make it shiny like the clear parts?

Perhaps some dark gery/black inking on the silver and brown ink on the gold would show the datials of the parts undeneth the pain, making it look a bit like the machinery under the clear parts on the original G1 mold. Then, perhaps some high gloss varnish on the metallic areas to make it shiny like the clear parts?

Hmmm...not a bad idea...I'll have to paint up a test-bot gold and try that to see how it looks...thanks for the idea :nuts

Its pretty nice!

Archived