G1 ONLY?

g14ever

I don't collect... yet. But i know that i'd only really be interested in G1 stuff - and that's cos those are the Transformer progs that i remember and used to love watching as a child in the 80s.

However, after seeing a few of the collections around here - the rest can look pretty cool.

I'd rather shoot myself in the eye than collect G1...let alone ONLY G1.

Completely disregarding Transformers post-G1 just means you aren't supporting the franchise like a fan should. Oh, and the toys/characters suck from G1.

Completely disregarding Transformers post-G1 just means you aren't supporting the franchise like a fan should. Oh, and the toys/characters suck from G1.

that's kinda harsh. not all g1 is terrible. to me the altmodes for that line seemed much more important than articulation. and alot of the altmodes were fantastic. of course besides gi joe ball joints were space age back then. i agree about not supporting the brand though. there is some great stuff out there. i plan to support transformers until they rehash beat wars. and my god if they do that.... there will be hell to pay! heh. i collect from all lines. fun times.

:tflaugh

I collect primarily G1 because, to be quite honest, not much from the other lines have impressed me much. Didn't like the BW/BM/MW lines. Liked some RID and very little Armada. The Energon so far hasn't really inspired me to grab it. The only recent line that looks good to me is the Alternators. I guess it's just the real-world vehicle thing ....

I collect a lot of G1. It's easier on the wallet but it's also very limiting to collect one line. To each his own though. I don't have any Beast Wars or Beast Machines stuff. :)

That IS a little harsh, dude. Keep in mind, if not for G1, none of this other stuff would even exist. And the characterization of those guys kicked royal ass over anything recently, cartoon-wise. To each his own, but my personal collection consists of anything that I find cool, for whatever reason. If it appeals to you, bag it.

Archived