My Repainted Landfill

JABoyle3875

Here's my second transformer repaint - RID Landfill! These were the Wal Mart exclusives, only cost $9. Total time: About 5 hours, doing the detail painting was a real pain the butt.

Overall, I'm liking this one - I'm getting much more skilled with the fine point brush, covering up blemishes without creating MORE of them. I've GOT to become more frugal with my spraypaints, I think I could get good results with less of it. ($5 for a small bottle really adds up - between this and my RID Prime repaint, I've shelled out over $40 for paints and brushes.)

Going to go off and think about funny pictures I could make with my two customs........:) :) :)

post-39-1080343660.jpg

If you are looking for a cheap spray paint, I use Walmart brand 88cents a can it works great and does not tend to chip or peel. and for small stuff i use Testors little jar paint and i love the paint pens(less overpainting and drip) and i have discovers if i use the blue masking tape i can make much crisper lines.

My last custom painting i did for my 18" Kicker figure only cost me about 2 bucks..a buck for the toy and 88cents for the Greay primer i need for parts of the figure.

If you are looking for a cheap spray paint, I use Walmart brand 88cents a can it works great and does not tend to chip or peel. and for small stuff i use Testors little jar paint and i love the paint pens(less overpainting and drip) and i have discovers if i use the blue masking tape i can make much crisper lines.

My last custom painting i did for my 18" Kicker figure only cost me about 2 bucks..a buck for the toy and 88cents for the Greay primer i need for parts of the figure.

Thanks for the tip - I'll certainly try them out! The jar paint isn't too horrible, $1.98 per, and I've still got a ton of red, about half a bottle of chrome silver and just a tad left of gold leaf.........but I used a TON of gold leaf. (I gold leafed a good chunk of my RID Ultra Magnus to improve the looks of Omega Prime)

After payday (next friday), I'll be picking up some more paints and re-doing my Energon Scorponok in the Black Zarak G1 theme. One thing I'll NEVER repaint is a G1 figure - that's blasphemy! (Perhaps knockoffs, but no authentics.)

Ah...more of the black and gold...sweetness :nuts

I personally use Ace Premium Brand which costs me about $2.00 per can. It has nice coverage and a differently designed spray nozzle that is a lot better then the standard style. Works great and you get quite a bit of mileage out of one can. And they have an awesome metallic gold. I use the metallic chrome a lot and over almost two dozen projects I still have plenty left in the can :thumb

Ah...more of the black and gold...sweetness :nuts

I personally use Ace Premium Brand which costs me about $2.00 per can. It has nice coverage and a differently designed spray nozzle that is a lot better then the standard style. Works great and you get quite a bit of mileage out of one can. And they have an awesome metallic gold. I use the metallic chrome a lot and over almost two dozen projects I still have plenty left in the can :thumb

I'll assume that's Ace, as in Ace Hardware? I've got plenty of them around.

I looked upon my collection tonight, and had a really evil thought - repainting E-Megatron. But.......he's near perfection as it is! I think I'll stick to repainting E-Scorponok a couple of times.......gotta pick up two more of them before Target takes the Price Cut down.

Yep...Ace is the place

(shoot me :nuts )

As for Energon Megs...with just a little tweaking he'd make a killer Thunderwing :nuts

Hey I voted for your Landfill!! hope it wins!! that is one of the best custom re-paints Ive seen in a looong time! Good Luck!

Hey I voted for your Landfill!! hope it wins!! that is one of the best custom re-paints Ive seen in a looong time! Good Luck!

Thank you VERY much for the praise and vote. Tis nice to get some recognition........I took a look at that voting thread and there's some pretty good competition there.

Archived