How rare is Op. Prime, the 1988 one

Akuma

PM Prime was immensely common back in the day, reportedly over a million were produced.

The guy was big, durable, and has had no less than 2 reissues in the past few years.

I'd not pay more than $50 complete for a vintage 88 model, and I sincerely believe the reissues are a better value for the money.

When Takara issued their Prime (TF Collection #0) it had metal chest and so fourth. I know I have one which I paid a hefty price for. It came with a binder for TF spec cards. My freind has the Hasbro re-issue that he got at TRU and paid the normal price but it had more plastic features it seemed to me anyway. You can find them on Ebay I know that but the Takara TF Collection #0 Prime is going for alot on Ebay with the Hasbro release going for much cheaper. Either way you cant go wrong with either release. It just depends on how much you want to spend.

:usa

When Takara issued their Prime (TF Collection #0) it had metal chest and so fourth. I know I have one which I paid a hefty price for. It came with a binder for TF spec cards. My freind has the Hasbro re-issue that he got at TRU and paid the normal price but it had more plastic features it seemed to me anyway. You can find them on Ebay I know that but the Takara TF Collection #0 Prime is going for alot on Ebay with the Hasbro release going for much cheaper. Either way you cant go wrong with either release. It just depends on how much you want to spend.

This is about the Powermaster figure, NOT the original.

And as far as the Hasbro PM Prime reissues, it is basically the same as the Ginrai reissue from Takara, except with the clipped smokestacks.  It does indeed have the diecast cab like the Takara release.

Archived