Are you holding back from Buying hoping a Reissue?

Wajo357

Over the last few months, I have been going slightly crazy determining whether I should purchase Transformers from ebay or wait for reissues. The transformers I want are the earlier more expensive ones. However, if I purchase them now, they could be coming out in 1/2 a year and I'd pay for them all over again for the better condition and everything else.

Is there anyone else who now bids on ebay with the same thought going through their head?

I have had this happen to me already, just not with the reissues.

I tracked down a Battle Unicorn from Beast Machines, and now they are releasing him as part of Universe.

I tracked down Tigerhawk from Beast Wars, and then he was released in the first wave of Universe.

I tracked down Megatron Emisary Mode, from Beast Machines and they released him as part of Universe.

I tracked down a Rodimus Prime from the Takara Japan reissues and now he is out in the states.

I spent many hours looking for parts to complete my Victory Saber and finally tracked down the big gun, which was really hard to find, and now there is talk of him being reissued.

I say wait, if they are not to old, then you more then likely will be able to pick them up.

Patience is a cruel mistress. I guess that is why I paid more then I should for alot of characters I own.

When your about to get married, and you know you will need money in the future more then now... you seem to want these transformers NOW!!! And honestly.. what are the chances of a G1 being released that you want. Especially since they need the molds of over 20 years ago? 1/25? I dont know. But I still dont have transformers like Hound, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sunstreaker, Ramjet, Thrust and many more original first year toys. And this is coming from someone who easly has a over 300 Transformer toys (not including armads, RID, energon)...*sigh*

:wave :wave I think we all go through at one point.

For starter, buy the right away for the one that Takara no longer had accessed to i.g. Jetfire, Roadbuster, Delux insecticon, Omega, Shockwave, the maybe (jumpstarters and Gnawl).

Next - buy the right away for the one that you really want most or your favorite.

The rest can be waited for reissued.

Don't hold out for reissues. Due to mold degradation and cheaper plastics used, they aren't worth the high price you are paying for them.

I have three G1 reissues now that I actually owned the original version of, and I have to say that the reissues feel like knockoffs or production rejects. They just don't feel the same.

You may as well go for the original G1 versions on ebay. You'll get a higher quality toy, and if you are lucky enough to get one in good condition, you'll be much happier with it.

Archived