Shockblast

Viktor V

Shockblast kinda looks like Beastmachines/Universe Tankor. The legs the arms the head, they all just scream Tankor.

But I hope that yall are right and they make a reason for Energon Tidal Wave, I would really like to have something other then Armada Megs to combine him with. Such a great looking toy.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of clarification on the character, after reviewing some of the DW artwork, which makes a lot of things more obvious. Shockblast is obviously based off of shockwave from the original transformers (as already guessed). The left arm is permanent. It's a huge fricking gun, just like original shockwave had for his left arm (only bigger - now it's his whole arm and not just his hand). The vehicle form is some sort of wierd tank thingy (note: you can see the treads on his legs, the arms turn into the main guns).

if you don't want to read my griping, feel free to skip the next part...

{rant}

I really hate how they've handled the names and storyline in the US for the transformers ever since beast wars. The Japanese had the right idea in creating the "Convoy Council" where every version of Convoy was a different character and not just Optimus Prime with a different body. There was a reason the characters in Car Robots didn't originally have the same names as the G1 characters... they were different characters altogether. Hasbro decided to go with name recognition and rename a bunch of the characters to match the G1 series characters... then they felt that was too confusing with the later series and turned around and named characters as something different, just to baffle everyone. I personally hope they can just leave G1 seperate from the rest of the series they've done. I loved G1 better than any of the new stuff, despite it's regular continuity flaws between episodes. I imagine Hasbro couldn't have that though. They'll have to find some goofy reason to tie in the G1 series with Armada, Energon, and whatever else if they haven't already.... sigh...

{/rant}

Archived