Comin' back!

gkopw

Is it just me or are the transformers suddenly coming back into mainstream...with a bunch of new toy lines, comics, video games, and even a live action movie, you cannot deny that they are re-entering commercial mainstream...

So why?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ask me, they've been on the rise since RID. The magic formula hasnt changed: cars that turn to robots. We were children of the greatest decade of cartoons, the 80's, and now that we are adults, our generation that loved our 80s entertainment is bringing it back with us in more adult incarnations to suit us. I.E. Marvel Comics movies, TF Binaltech, Alternators and Masterpiece, and of course the TF movie!

If you ask me, they've been on the rise since RID. The magic formula hasnt changed: cars that turn to robots. We were children of the greatest decade of cartoons, the 80's, and now that we are adults, our generation that loved our 80s entertainment is bringing it back with us in more adult incarnations to suit us. I.E. Marvel Comics movies, TF Binaltech, Alternators and Masterpiece, and of course the TF movie!

the toys for RID were great but the show sucked. thank god for dreamwave, i think they had a ton to do with it and also if you're my age(26) and have kids (which i don't) i'm sure some of you have spread the legend of the transformers and a legend never dies :tfevil

Well I've always been more interested in the toys than the cartoon because I also did not think much of the RID and Armada cartoons. However, I think the Energon cartoon shows a bit of promise. What I meant was that RID finally recognized the nostalgia we have for the originals and brought back the car robots, bringing back the TF craze!

I think they've been on the rise since RID as well as Takara and Hasbro's releases of the originals :) Good to see them back in the spotlight as vehicles....Not that I hate BW but I do prefer Transformers as Cars, planes and all that stuff

It is like I said when I got on my soapbox in toys r us. I said to my dad and the one guy working there. They are the greatest toys ever made. They go from car to robot and back. You don't get much better than that you get two toys in one. Beside I ain't complaining my favorite toys, cartoons(even though the new ones could use some work), and comic books are back and better thatn ever. All I need is the series that were only released in japan to be released here then I will be really happy.

Archived