You want this. YOU KNOW IT

My Alt. Mode Sucks

he says it's the rub sign.

I know the auction says it has a rub sign but he might have meant to say pre-rub and messed up. That is, of course, unless you e-mailed him a question about it.

The only Primes I know of with blue trailer parts are the pre-rub version.  The only way he could probably know that it would have a rub sign is if he opened it. In that case I would be very weary of it. The pre-rub, blue trailer parts prime has several differences in the cab part as well and if those differences are not there on this cab and it has a rub sign then something is definitely wrong!

I know the auction says it has a rub sign but he might have meant to say pre-rub and messed up. That is, of course, unless you e-mailed him a question about it.

The only Primes I know of with blue trailer parts are the pre-rub version.  The only way he could probably know that it would have a rub sign is if he opened it. In that case I would be very weary of it. The pre-rub, blue trailer parts prime has several differences in the cab part as well and if those differences are not there on this cab and it has a rub sign then something is definitely wrong!

ah, that's the next area i need to work on in my TF knowledge is earlier variants in G1. That'll be fun  :redface  but needed.

ah, that's the next area i need to work on in my TF knowledge is earlier variants in G1. That'll be fun  :redface  but needed.

I didn't know that much about the differences in the Primes myself until someone here posted a comparison shot with the regular g1 Prime, the pre-rub version with light blue trailer parts and the red feet prime.

The Primes with the light blue trailer parts were in the very first production run, the light blue parts were the same as the Diaclone Prime that were later changed to dark blue. The markings on the bottom of the trailer are a bit different and some details on Primes head and front bumper are a little different.

I wish I was able to find that post about the differences but it was awhile ago.

I wouldn't pay $18 for a G1 Optimus Prime, much less $1,800. I mean, he's not worth that much! You think there are better things to do with that money like give it to the needy or buy a nice plasma TV. To each their own, I guess.

I'd pay $18 in a second, but you're right, $1,800 is ridicculous for ANY single transformer, even Fort Max.  I can't think of a single TF I'd be willing to pay even half of that amount for, except for possibly[/i a complete Fort Max in damn near perfect condition in a decent shape box. 

As for a G1 prime with box, $100 would be about the max "fair market" price IMO.  If it was still factory sealed in mint condition, maybe $150.  Anything more than that is complete overkill.

Archived