6 NEW Alternator molds

Hunter Rose

That is true. I paid 9 Euro for a basic today. (Cybertron is already out in The Netherlands by the way.)

And I paid 15 Euro for an Action Master when they were in store so the price of a Transformer has not really gone up.

I think they are worth it, especially when you consider research and engineering. I mean a Marvel Legends figure is easily designed because the character already exists. A Transformer needs two mode, a TF scheme and gimmick designed for/into it. So that drives the price up a little.

As for these new Alternators, bring em on!  :thumb I am glad they do not include those awful human figures.  :tfpuke  What as waste of plastic Kicker was.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but are Basics really worth $7 a pop?  Some of them are really simple.  I mean, you can get Marvel Legends figures for that, which are a lot bigger and a lot more complex.  I don't feel like a lot of Deluxes are worth $10, either.  I mean, some are, some aren't.  It seems like with TF's you get raped as often as you get deals.

well, just buy the ones you want, then. There were plenty of dingers back in the G1 days as well..... *cough*jumpstarters*cough*

Bought Scattorshot and Overhaul today.

The first is cool though his chest should have locked into place. The second was rather lame with low posability in the arms. And the force chip gimmick for both is a tad lame.

But Scattorshot is definetely worth it. (Mine has a spot of rust on a wheel screw.)

Does anyone think these basics are smaller than the Energon ones. (Or is it just these two.) I guess the costs for the gimmick has resized these a tad. The price for basics has increased by one Euro here though.

Yeah, but are Basics really worth $7 a pop?  Some of them are really simple.  I mean, you can get Marvel Legends figures for that, which are a lot bigger and a lot more complex.  I don't feel like a lot of Deluxes are worth $10, either.  I mean, some are, some aren't.  It seems like with TF's you get raped as often as you get deals.

A LOT of TFs are really simple.  Based on complexity alone, was G1 Prime really worth $40 in 1984?  I haven't bought an Energon Basic yet that I didn't feel was worth the $7, and I'm not even really all that fond of Energon as a line.  Yeah, I'd be happy if the basics were only $5, but I think most, if not all of them are well worth the $7.  The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures on the market now are going for around $8... I think a basic TF at $7 when compared to that is MORE than fair.  :thumb

Cybertron/GF Basics are WAY smaller than Energon ones!  That's really what's bothering me.  Back Guild or whatever he's called, when I finally saw him he was the size of a speck!!  Jackshot too!  I might end up getting those two, and that Huffer-looking Cybertron exclusive guy, but that's about it.  Basics should seriously be about $5, especially if they're gonna be the size of minicons.

PS: Turtles are about $5 here in MO.  I know because I bought "Feudal Shredder" the other day... what a piece of crap.  :tfmad

your worried about $7 basics? ive really liked the basics in the past. and if your worried about those then theres cheaper smaller ones. just go to burger king. i hear theyre FANTASTIC. but seriously the bk toys.. ew

True, basics should be a little cheaper but compared to other toylines I guess it is not all that expensive. I do not look at other toys too much though.

Still I could get 2 packs of smokes for one basic. Good thing I do not smoke.

Good eye T-man!  I'm gonna be pessimistic on this one, though, and say it's just a coincidence.

Why do HasTak tease us so. Im pessimistic because because there's no rumors or nothing mentioned at the event. But then again all we have to go on are the pics and no verbal info. One thing that kinda gets my hopes up is the announcement of a price hike and at past events we were shown Ford Mustang, S2000 and the Police Acura way before there was an actual proto.

Good eye T-man!  I'm gonna be pessimistic on this one, though, and say it's just a coincidence.

Why do HasTak tease us so. Im pessimistic because because there's no rumors or nothing mentioned at the event. But then again all we have to go on are the pics and no verbal info. One thing that kinda gets my hopes up is the announcement of a price hike and at past events we were shown Ford Mustang, S2000 and the Police Acura way before there was an actual proto.

I'd just like to say that your sig is evil. :grr

DARN YOU VW!!!!!!!! DARN YOU TO HECK!!!!

I'd just like to say that your sig is evil. :grr

DARN YOU VW!!!!!!!! DARN YOU TO HECK!!!!

I know. An intense childlike longing springs in my heart every time I look at it. I havent wanted a toy to come out so be since the first proto pics of MP Prime. Before that I was a kid staring for hours repeatedly at the transformers in a Popular Club catalog.

Archived