6 NEW Alternator molds

Hunter Rose

I hope a bigger Alternator price also means bigger Alternators.

I hope bigger price means better packaging, Bios/stats included and other inserts.

I hope bigger price means they will paint the figures and not just use colored plastic...because Alt Sunstreaker is going to look really cheap with just yellow plastic.

:pfx

Teeheehee...yellow Tracks...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will say that $30 for a current sized alt doesn't seem tenable.  I expect these will be shelf warmers at that price.  $20 seems just right to expensive.

Look at all the online sites that sell them for that price or more - they'll still move even at $30.

Collectors are the ones paying those prices now, usually for Alts that just came out but haven't shown up near them yet.  If they were $30 (current molds, not new/bigger ones), they'd sit on the shelves just like most of the G1 reissues did.  There's already a tendency for the older molds to warm the shelves after a while (I bet anyone who paid scalper prices for Windcharger back when he was new is regretting it now :redface ), if there's an arbitrary price increase on the current-size molds I can only see them sitting longer.

just my $0.02...

I will say that $30 for a current sized alt doesn't seem tenable.  I expect these will be shelf warmers at that price.  $20 seems just right to expensive.

Look at all the online sites that sell them for that price or more - they'll still move even at $30.

Collectors are the ones paying those prices now, usually for Alts that just came out but haven't shown up near them yet.  If they were $30 (current molds, not new/bigger ones), they'd sit on the shelves just like most of the G1 reissues did.  There's already a tendency for the older molds to warm the shelves after a while (I bet anyone who paid scalper prices for Windcharger back when he was new is regretting it now :redface ), if there's an arbitrary price increase on the current-size molds I can only see them sitting longer.

just my $0.02...

I was thinking the same thing. In the end it will just make them even harder to find unless the price hike isn't until June 2007.

It's always amusing to hear Americans complain about the possibility of paying $30 for an Alternator. They sell for $50 over here in Australia as it is. :tfmad

But then again, we do have adequate minimum wage laws  :tflaugh

I need to go to con at least once It would be nice to hear some of this stuff first hand. I truely hate getting my hopes up. I'm crossing my fingers that Ask Vector Prime will infact pay off with some good official answers.

It's always amusing to hear Americans complain about the possibility of paying $30 for an Alternator. They sell for $50 over here in Australia as it is. :tfmad

But then again, we do have adequate minimum wage laws  :tflaugh

And here over in Singapore, we have to pay US$37.50 for alternators.

Sorry if this is already posted but i didnt see it

So over at TFormers there is the update from the panel...

so appearantly Mirage is in the works as well as the next pricepoint for Alternators - but it seemed by the way that it was worded taht the alts are simply going to be more expensive, NOT that the molds would be more complex or larger....

link:

http://www.TFormers.com/article.php?sid=4799&mode=flat

Hunter

Edit: whats more - they will NOT be including figurines with the new BTAs for the Hasbro releases although they MAY be releasing those figures (sunstreaker clearly is already confirmed)

not releasing the FIGUREINES with them???

thats like buying a car with no brakes!! :redface

Assuming they mean 6 new molds coming out before next July, they must be counting the as-yet-unreleased Prowl and Skids. That's 2. If they're going to introduce a larger size class, they almost certainly have 2 vehicles scheduled so Hasbro doesn't have to stick retailers with a case assortment of only one automobile for very long.

I'm going to predict that one of the first larger Binalts will be a Hummer, since Hasbro already holds a Hummvee license for the GI Joe line. I wouldn't be at all suprised to see it in red as Ironhide, repainted as an ambulance with a new head as Ratchet. They could also remold it into an M998 Hummvee for Brawn, redone in desert tan for Outback.

As for the second, Hasbro probably wants a pickup, but I can't think of any full-size pickups that are popular in both North America and Japan. Any suggestions? Perhaps instead they'll go with a Toyota Hiace ambulance as First Aid, remolded into the Hiace Sound Satellite concept as Soundwave?

http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/show/2004/e...toyota/003.html

They'd have to come up with a transformation scheme where the side doors behind the seats become the robot chest...

Mirage was mentioned as a future Alternator. I doubt he'll be an F-1 racer, since all the other vehicles in the line have been commercial autos. I'm going to predict that since HasTak already have a licensing relationship with Daimler-Chrysler, they'll pay homage to Mirage's personality and car mode heritage by making him a Mercedes SLR McLaren, the company's Formula 1-inspired prestige car. Drag Strip would be the natural remold.

That leaves one more... I'd really, really love to see Rodimus, but I doubt that he'll be showing up as a Binalt until they've exhausted all the cars that were in the pre-Movie episodes, save perhaps Bumblebee and Cliffjumper (I don't particularly expect to see a Bumblebee toy until May or June of 2007). So who's left? There's Beachcomber, "Brakedown", Streetwise, and BT (Wind)Charger.

Hmmm. What do y'all think?

Exactly what I thought about Mirage. I hope for a F1 ( which remold would be one of the stunticon : Drag Strip as you pointed ) but yes the Mercedes SLR reminds a lot of F1 and would be awesome for both  :thumb

that DODGE RAM is sick who do you think itll be HUFFER?? {pointless tidbit A HUFFER IS USED TO START JET ENGINES}

all this $30 dollars sh@ is makin me rage, $30 is approximatly £15 we pay £20 approximatly $40 and you complain??

$50 dollars is excessive - even for an AUZZIE!!

how much would the larger alts cost in ENGLAND? £30? £40? we will be told to BEND DOWN AND TAKE IT by hasblowitoutofyertailpipeUK!!

Archived