all but Arcee

noriko

Having seem more images of this Arcee elsewhere, I feel obligated to point out some reasons for This Arcee head-based short commings.  What isnt showed and the one big reason for her heads "funkyness"

IS THAT IT TRANSFORMS!!!  into Daniel.  Seriously, Arceeproto please show them, so the head debate can be put to rest.

Having now know this, I LOVE THIS FIGURE! 

What where you thinking on charging for an unpainted on??

edit: err  I missed that the headmaster bit had alreay been mentioned, thats what I get for skimming.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Arceeproto's is nice, and you're right AP, she fits nicely with the G1s in car mode... but she's just too detailed IMO to fit in as an "authentic" G1 figure.  (Which is what I would ultimately prefer... but to each his own.)  I am not in any way debating that yours is a far superior figure, and is quite probably the best of the three.  To me though, the big appeal of G1 is the quirky, blocky design style... removing that and making everything detailed and articulate just makes it... well, an Alternator... with a Cybertronian alt mode.  Awesome, and well worth the price considering...  But she still leaves me desiring a "real" G1 Arcee.  :(

But I can't stress enough how great yours does look, and how much I want one.  It would also be nice to see pics of the head in headmaster bot mode... :schin

Having seem more images of this Arcee elsewhere, I feel obligated to point out some reasons for This Arcee head-based short commings.  What isnt showed and the one big reason for her heads "funkyness"

IS THAT IT TRANSFORMS!!!  into Daniel.  Seriously, Arceeproto please show them, so the head debate can be put to rest.

Having now know this, I LOVE THIS FIGURE! 

What where you thinking on charging for an unpainted on??

edit: err  I missed that the headmaster bit had alreay been mentioned, thats what I get for skimming.

You want Head?

You got Head!

IN CAR AS DRIVER

40.jpg

FRONT SHOT

09.jpg

ANGLE SHOT

10.jpg

IN FRONT OF CAR

27.jpg

Cheers!

- Hal

Full galleries: TRANSTOPIA (Front Page has story and links)

I agree that Arceeproto's is nice, and you're right AP, she fits nicely with the G1s in car mode... but she's just too detailed IMO to fit in as an "authentic" G1 figure.  (Which is what I would ultimately prefer... but to each his own.)  I am not in any way debating that yours is a far superior figure, and is quite probably the best of the three.  To me though, the big appeal of G1 is the quirky, blocky design style... removing that and making everything detailed and articulate just makes it... well, an Alternator... with a Cybertronian alt mode.  Awesome, and well worth the price considering...  But she still leaves me desiring a "real" G1 Arcee.  :(

But I can't stress enough how great yours does look, and how much I want one.  It would also be nice to see pics of the head in headmaster bot mode... :schin

PM'd you with info.

CHECK!

- Hal

I think that whilst the '98 Arcee looks more Toon accurate, proto's Arcee is actually the better figure. 

Is there no chance at all you might be able to work out a deal with perhaps a small toy company to manufacture these in a reasonable quantity to try and get the price down?  Am sure you'd have an awful lot more takers if it was even half the price...

I've read in Toyfare that some Japanese companies acquire a license from a certain movie or any property for one day and sell it in a convention at a limited amount. For example, there's a doll of Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" that is a very limited release using this tactic.

Not to be an ass, but I find it hilarious that so many people criticize this incredibly detailed piece of work, yet you'd be hard-pressed to even TOUCH this person's level of skill.

Not to say that anyone here is a jerk, or an idiot...I just feel that this person is providing something worthwhile, of incredible qualitiy, and just because it doesn't look exactly like what you have put your expectations on, it's...faulty.

As for Arceeproto...don't let the criticisms get you down.  You'll notice no one has had anything bad to say about the quality of your piece, only that it isn't show-accurate enough, or what have you.  I think we can all agree that, on it's own, this is a FINE piece of work.

Not to be an ass, but I find it hilarious that so many people criticize this incredibly detailed piece of work, yet you'd be hard-pressed to even TOUCH this person's level of skill.

Not to say that anyone here is a jerk, or an idiot...I just feel that this person is providing something worthwhile, of incredible qualitiy, and just because it doesn't look exactly like what you have put your expectations on, it's...faulty.

As for Arceeproto...don't let the criticisms get you down.  You'll notice no one has had anything bad to say about the quality of your piece, only that it isn't show-accurate enough, or what have you.  I think we can all agree that, on it's own, this is a FINE piece of work.

Not trying to be a jerk, but based on your reasoning, you could say that you have no right to say that a movie sucks unless you known how to produce a movie yourself. Heck, it also means no one here has a right to point out the flaws on any Transformer toy unless they're working for Hasbro or Takara

I don't see anything wrong with criticism, as long as it's constructive. Arceeproto understands that, and his work is great, but he could do better. It's sometimes difficult to see the flaws in your creation especially if you painstakingly took a lot of time and money making it, and that's why movie producers let critics watch their movies first before the premiere and video game developers get testers and submit their games to reviewers to see its problems.

Archived