TV-Nihon

Haggisjin

I know this is pathetic, but could someone help me out with downloading the galaxy force files from tv-nhon? I've got SysReset on my pc, but I'm hitting a brick wall with the instructions they've got on the site. Dammit, I've become one of those people who can't follow simple instructions  :tfsad

Oh yeah, I've followed the instructions, I've just configured the Firewall Monitor plugin. I'm up to the point where it says "Now go to the channel and type  !list. Your channel window will flood with notices, just wait for them to finish." How in Primus' name do I do this? I know it's probably something extremely obvious, and I'm an idiot, but I'll be buggered if I can figure it out.

But, if you want to download it over irc rather than BT (for the sake of bandwidth, or whatever), make sure you're on the correct server - irc.zirc.org (type /server irc.zirc.org in the status window to connect)

From there, type "/join #tv-nihon". For convenience, you can just use /j rather than /join, if you're using sysreset.

Now you're in. Type !list and send it to the channel (you can say "hi" or something first, if you'd like.), and then just wait a few seconds. After 10 or so, you'll see alot of blindingly colorful messages. Find one that mentions Galaxy Force or Transformers. Copy the "CTCP Trigger" word for word, but only what's inside the brackets. (Example: Trigger(s):[/ctcp user`sname (word); the slash is VERY VERY important.)

Paste it into the text box, and hit enter (make sure that you aren't holding ctrl, if you are, it won't work.) Assuming that everything was set up correctly, a dcc chat will come up. Type "dir", and a list of folders/files that the person is sharing will come up. Type "cd foldername" to enter a folder, and "get filename.ext" to get a file. Server scripts also display the size of files, so don't copy that. If it says "Adding you to queue slot #(number)" or something similar, remember the number. After this, close the DCC Chat window by typing "exit" and closing the window.

Now, if the user isn't sending anything currently, it will be sent as soon as you do that. If the user is at their max sends, you will be queued, so you'll have to wait until everyone before you has their file. If you don't want to wait, and would rather move to another server, do this: re-enter the server by typing the trigger again. Type either "clr_queues" to clear all of your queues, or "clr_queue (your number)". If you forgot the queue number, type "queues" and look for your name. Do the above, only in another server.

Also, make sure you have auto-accept activated. Head to tools - options (or alt+o), click on "dcc" and set "On Send request" and "On Chat request" to auto-accept.

Archived