Transformers RPG idea

My Alt. Mode Sucks

I seriously think a cool RPG could be made based around the G1 characters. Check out my idea below.

It'd have turn-based combat, and Energon (EN) would represent your characters' HP. Fuel points (FL) represents their capacity to do special attacks (kinda like MP).

Each would have a Desperation that can only be used when they have low EN and full FL.

Prime would be able to use his ion blaster, and his specials would include spraying the field with laser blasts, turning into a truck and running an enemy over, and his Desperation would be a move where he uses the Matrix to do big damage to the enemies.

Jazz would also have a laser blaster, and his special would be the ability to stun his enemies with his sub-woofers (in car mode) and his Desperation would basically be an even more powerful version of the above-mentioned attack that also does heavy damage to the enemies.

Wheeljack again uses lasers, but he also has the "Invent" special ability that lets him create a random invention that's either used to hurt the baddies or heal the Autobots. His Desperation would let him make a huge bomb that reduces the enemies to smithereens.

Sideswipe -- another laser-blaster-user. His special is "Snipe", which lets him attack an enemy with pinpoint accuracy and do greater damage. His Desperation lets him fill the battle field with rockets and laser blasts.

Ratchet -- the designated healer, who does low damage but has a number of healing specials. His Desperation lets him fully heal the other two team members who're currently active.

Grimlock -- uses an Energo-Sword. Can transform into Dinobot mode, and does more damage, but he's slower and the mode slowly drains his FL turn after turn. His Desperation sends him into a sword-slashing fury against the Decepticons.

Hound -- does decent damage, but his real reason for being on the team is his "Hologram" special -- which creates fake holograms of the team members, causing the enemies to miss them more often. His Desperation creates a hologram that leaves the enemy confused and unable to act for 3 turns.

Mirage -- obviously, he can disappear, which reduces the number of hits he takes, but consumes FL over time. His Desperation makes the entire team invisible for five turns.

Those'd be the main team members. Also, for "generic" enemies, stuff like Seekers, Insecticon clones, Sharkticons, etc. would be used, and of course there'd be major boss fights against Decepticon heavyweights.

Any thoughts?

I'm was working on a Transformers RPG using the RPG maker 2000 system, but have scrapped it for now. I plan of retrying it later on down the road.

I'm was working on a Transformers RPG using the RPG maker 2000 system, but have scrapped it for now. I plan of retrying it later on down the road.

Same thing here. I started working on a Doom 3 mod. Not so much an RPG but more like a different story. With less monsters and things. It never came to fruitation, because as with the previous mods I had tried to make in the past, everyone that wanted to help out eventually drops off the face of the planet (and by eventually, I mean while still in the planning/research stages.)

Same thing here. I started working on a Doom 3 mod. Not so much an RPG but more like a different story. With less monsters and things. It never came to fruitation, because as with the previous mods I had tried to make in the past, everyone that wanted to help out eventually drops off the face of the planet (and by eventually, I mean while still in the planning/research stages.)

That's why I quit making mods altogether after Tiberian Sun.

If I knew how to do mods or anything, I'd make a TF one. And unfortunately I don't think anyone out there's taken the effort to create a "fan" RPG based on TFs. And I don't think the idea will ever come to fruition because Hasbro is too stubborn to see that video games are the way of the future.

As far as I got was some simple texture replacement. I can't run the editor because 1) my computer runs like crap when it is open (which is funny because the game runs fine) and 2) the editor's window size at it's smallest possible view is larger than 1024x768. Here are the only screenshot I managed to get at the time:

http://tweedledee.dyc.edu/~tpx/d3/

And the PK4 is in there as well. It isn't very much but it was sure neat seeing those in the game. Especially the robocola... how could I resist? Can you guess the thing I changed in the shot 6, and what it's relevance to a TF game could possibly be?

I am really thinking that perhaps it would be fun to make a mod for KOTOR, since I am currently gripped in KOTOR mania at the moment... I am almost done with it.

I'd like to see an MMOGRPG Tf game myself.. I mean, you could have a simular alt mode/robot mode as a pre-exsisting TF.. and not be the same character. Then you could decide what you want to do.. ya know, fly, be a medic.. scout.. maybe even a gestalt member to a larger group of friends.. who knows :thumb

Archived