Voice casting for Live-Action film

AlfaPrime

A live-action TF film is going to be awesome, that is without a doubt. They have the technology to do it right. The thing I am curious about is whether or not they should keep the G1 characters as they were first introduced in 1984 or update them. For instance, seeing as the TF's will be CGI, should film makers try to recruit as many of the original voice cast from the classic series to voice the characters in the movie or should they look to new talent? As well, should the Autobots be updated in their appearance as the new BinalTech/Alternators line is doing or should they be kept in their original designs?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they were smart, they would probaly got the Binaltech route and modernize the vehicles a little bit. I don't really think it's 100 percent neccessary to get back all the original voices, either. Just as long as they don't go the celebrity voice acting route.

If they were smart, they would probaly got the Binaltech route and modernize the vehicles a little bit. I don't really think it's 100 percent neccessary to get back all the original voices, either. Just as long as they don't go the celebrity voice acting route.

It would be real nice if they can get the 'real' Optimus (Peter Cullen) and Megatron (Frank Welker).. I miss 'em. :tfsad

If not, the current Optimus would work, but they'd almost HAVE to find someone else to do Megs. The current Megs just wouldn't sound right.

I do not think they should do alternators stuff at all...just leave them as is. It might be an interesting sequel though, with the whole alternators story being the plot.

It would be nice to get the old voice talent back for as many characters as possible. I'm sure the actors would be happy to oblige.

the voices actors probably will come back for the movie, if all are still alive. (not sure) as for the movie itself, it's set in the 80s so i think they'll keep it the same alt modes as much as possible. they're catering to fans that were around back then so they shouldn't change anything unless of course this whole thing is to make toys and if it is then they shouldn't bother, cause dammit i want to see megs as a gun not a tank. save the tank mode for cybertron and the gun for earth.

As much as I'd like for Starscream to be voiced by Chris Latta, he already passed away.

For Optimus Prime though, I'd take either Peter Cullen or Garry Chalk. The first time I saw Beast Wars, I thought Optimus Primal was voiced by Peter Cullen...until I read the credits.

yeah, they should definitely talk to all the original voice actors that are still alive, and then the ones from BW/BM and Armada/Energon. But Peter Cullen is a no-brainer. I mean he still does voice promos for cartoons on cartoon network. Cartoons are in his blood.

No one else has done prime as well as peter cullen and frank welker was the best megatron ever, and unfortunately the emporer died so they probly will take armada starscream 's voice or find some one who does the voice fairly well (which also makes me wonder who will be the voice of cobra comander for the gi joe live action coming up). Casey casem has to do at least 5 voices, plus i think that scott mcneill from bw/bm would be a good choice from the new guard. scattman is the only one worthy to do jazz, and other than that i think the only characters who need to have the same voices are the big name characters i.e. soundwave, rumble,grimlock(gotta have the dinobots) iron hide, wheel jack and bumble bee(if they are allowed to use his character as a vw beetle, if not dont even put him in the movie) other than that i think who ever does the best in auditions should get the part.

Archived