Transformers Cybertron aired tonight on YTV

MasterOfPuppets

Well it seems YTV isn't much better than Cartoon Network with the order of episodes it seems. YTV started with episode 3 titled "Haven". This is the episode where they establish their base.

The cons:

-They started with episode 3

-I hate Jetfire, Scattorshot, and Landmine's voices

-Lame theme song with british singer

-I really don't like how they added the transformation sound from Energon into it when it isn't a transformation cut scene. I don't remember if they are in GF as I haven't watched it in a while.

-Don't like how they added the theme song music to Prime's combination cut scene, the music that was already there was fine.

-I don't know why they couldn't just keep the japanese theme songs like so many animes out there. The theme song just sounds really lame in Cybertron.

The pros:

-Since Optimus, Megatron and Starscream have the same voices as in Energon I don't mind their voices. The Rad as Hot Shot's voice doesn't bother me so much either.

-I thought Rhinox as Vector Prime was really cool

-They didn't really mess with the dub. Parts were changed but the parts that were changed didn't even really matter, it's the kinda stuff that they say to the enemy before firing and stuff, the story is still the same.

If they don't eventually start at episode 1 then I'll probably end up watching the rest of the GF fansubs I haven't seen yet (whenever I get around to cathcing up :redface).

Well....you gotta love how when they do the Plot change segments (with the insignia swaps), that they added a "transformation" sound to it too.  NOT!

Of course.....now if the story licks...you can blame it on Archer.  His official credit for Cybertron is "Original Story"

Bah....I'll stick with my Galaxy Force RAWs.

Well it seems YTV isn't much better than Cartoon Network with the order of episodes it seems. YTV started with episode 3 titled "Haven". This is the episode where they establish their base.

The cons:

-They started with episode 3

-I hate Jetfire, Scattorshot, and Landmine's voices

-Lame theme song with british singer

-I really don't like how they added the transformation sound from Energon into it when it isn't a transformation cut scene. I don't remember if they are in GF as I haven't watched it in a while.

-Don't like how they added the theme song music to Prime's combination cut scene, the music that was already there was fine.

-I don't know why they couldn't just keep the japanese theme songs like so many animes out there. The theme song just sounds really lame in Cybertron.

The pros:

-Since Optimus, Megatron and Starscream have the same voices as in Energon I don't mind their voices. The Rad as Hot Shot's voice doesn't bother me so much either.

-I thought Rhinox as Vector Prime was really cool

-They didn't really mess with the dub. Parts were changed but the parts that were changed didn't even really matter, it's the kinda stuff that they say to the enemy before firing and stuff, the story is still the same.

If they don't eventually start at episode 1 then I'll probably end up watching the rest of the GF fansubs I haven't seen yet (whenever I get around to cathcing up :redface).

I totally agree. Inuyasha trying a texan accent ewwww! Aussie jetfire... ewwww again. Your right about the pros, i never even realized rhinox was vector prime, i recognized him as Keroberous from cardcaptors. The dubbing was fine, all i can say is meh. IF they restart with episode 1, i might want to watch it.  :tflaugh1  Oh what the hell, all my family knows i will end up watching it! I'll be gone from tomorrow till next sunday, so i wont get to see another episode. Time will tell...

OMG!!!!

it took 3 diffrent dubbed series but they FINALLY DID IT RIGHT!!!

I LOVED IT!

Jetfire as an aussie...not to shabby. love scott but i thought this was a great voice for this version of jetfire

Rhinox as Vector prime..to sweet! it was perfect!

Dubbing...very well done

theme...loved it! thought it was very original

now for some of the other things i noticed...

1) the fan nod! Hotshot called Optimus "BIG BOT"!!!! i alsmost messed myself when i heard that lol

2)figured out whey the show starts at episode 3...because this show is a continuation of Energon, the first few episodes would defy that, so i guess they needed to make it work, even though i will agree it made it more confusing

oh and to answer beast girls question, its cause they wanted a more aussie voice for jetfire.  Scott will be voicing Snarl (fangwolf) and backstop (Saidos)

2)figured out whey the show starts at episode 3...because this show is a continuation of Energon, the first few episodes would defy that, so i guess they needed to make it work, even though i will agree it made it more confusing

Yeah but I've seen like the first 7 eps of GF and the first episode of GF was the best.  :(

I know your pain there.. from what I've seen of One Peice (which isn't much being it's a borderline disaster) the theme song to that thing makes me want to crawl under my seat and die an early death.

I'll have to catch the show later on today. I'm curious to see the horidity of it all.  :tflaugh

Jetfire does not have an Australian accent at all.

I know this because I'm australian and we don't sound like that.

What he does have though is a fake accent (bad one at that) that for some reason people think is australian. it also isn't an outback aussie accent since my uncle his family have that and it isn't that bad.

I don't even think Steve Erwin has an accent like that.

Red alert/FirstAid who ever he is called in Cyberton english accent is wrong too. :P

IF they wanted people with accents they could of actually got someone with that kind of accent right?

anyway, apart from the accents it wasn't that bad an episode. The voice acting seems better then Energon, but compared to Beast Wars/Machines it isn't that good.

Jetfire does not have an Australian accent at all.

I know this because I'm australian and we don't sound like that.

What he does have though is a fake accent (bad one at that) that for some reason people think is australian. it also isn't an outback aussie accent since my uncle his family have that and it isn't that bad.

I don't even think Steve Erwin has an accent like that.

Red alert/FirstAid who ever he is called in Cyberton english accent is wrong too. :P

IF they wanted people with accents they could of actually got someone with that kind of accent right?

anyway, apart from the accents it wasn't that bad an episode. The voice acting seems better then Energon, but compared to Beast Wars/Machines it isn't that good.

Well, since we're on that subject, the "southern" accents, as they've been referred to by some, are also not accurate. I'm in Georgia and I don't sound one bit like Thundercracker. :P

Archived