Admit you like/own a Gobot!

Outrider74

Ok, we all know the Gobots sucked it. Big time. Although having a whipping boy like most of the entire Gobots line does have its good points. I used to like to have my Autobot cars gang up on the Scooter I had and kick the crap out of him. Hell I even used to have Bumblebee kick his ass! But I still own 2 of these harbingers of crappiness, and I think that they are actually cool; due to appealing designs they actually DONT deserve to be thrown in the Sharkticon pit. So my vote for 'Guilty' instead of "Innocent" goes to:

Jeeper Creeper. Obvious, he's a Jeep. His head is ugly but he's a pretty detailed and accurate Willys MB army Jeep. I have one I left totally stock, and another that I dyed black using RIT, lifted up using the big 4x4 tires from a Matchbox Jeep, added a rollbar and lites from a slot car and gave him another head, his face uses shades, it looks a little like Rumble's. I plan to add some red flames on his hood, polish his die-cast chest to a high shine and add some red flames to it.

Buggy Man. Who could possibly not like Meyers Manx dune buggies? Especially Blue ones with slotted mag wheels? Its a real stretch, you need to use plenty of imagination, but his bot mode just a little bit reminds me of Soundwave. AND, if you remember the mini-spies (little pull back motored dudes included with the 2nd wave of minicars) one was a buggy. Look real close and its a clone of this BuggyMan. Same transformation and car mode is near identical.

I dont own any others, but these guys also weren't too bad:

Cy-Kill--Lots of chrome, believeable alien-bike.

Vamp (super version)--spooky looking, fairly articulated, and almost solid die-cast.

Royal-T--Only robot/Harrier Ive ever seen and well detailed. Shoulders had ball joints, first Ive ever seen on any transforming robot.

Any others that you guys liked?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a kid, I used to own several Leader-1s, the Space Shuttle, and I think it was the black Porsche.

While I don't have any of the classic ones now, I did make ONE Gobot purchase recently from the newer MRR line: I got me a Rescue Shuttle Set.

i found a Leader-1 in a box of TF's a friend gave me that yielded me a complete (well, trailer w/roller, rifle, 2 fists) Prime, and complete Shockwave. So he got to stay.

i was one of the lucky bunch who's parents found it easier to get me a lot of gobots instead of a few more expensive transformers!! :grr

needless to say i still have most of them stored in some old buckets in the attic along with grungy (renegade powersuit warrior) and a few of the bigger gobots, cykill was cool in the bigger form!!

i liked the gobot planes! fightor, the harrier, bad boy, seeker or heat seeker (forgot which), even leader 1 was cool. i still have all of them put away...30 to 40 or so of them.

i should throw them up in one big lot on ebay and see what they fetch....just for kicks!

Royal T was my favorite.

I had a few other I thought that were cool, pathfinder, I think.

I thought it was a great line when it came out. Robots that size (like hotwheels) and in diecast metal.

The best part was that there was so many of them. They should have kept the line up and treated them like Hotwheels.

The greater spectical was Transformers came out after GoBots and it just made the transformers so much better and more complicated.

Then the GoBot line had to start competing with larger more transformable robots. I think thats what killed the line!

GoBots should have just stayed in its nitch market of being transformable Hotwheels; they would have lasted longer like Hotwheels and Matchbox.

Oh well, anther ball dropped.

I love gobots. Only reason I started collection TFs was because I had acquired all the gobots I wanted, but wtill wnated some bots. I've got close to 100 gobots.

I never did like TFs as a kid...always wanted gobots instead.

I had a few Go-Bots back in the day. As far as I can remember Go-bots came out before Takara/Hasbro TF's but not Diaclone/Diakron/Kronoform.

For anybody that longs for nostalgia that you probably never experienced I suggest getting the Machine Robo, The Revenge Of Chronos DVD's. You'll see many of those old-school Go-bots (called Machine Robo in Japan) like the futuristic Red Jet and Black Drill.

MR DVD's for sale!

Archived