A thought regarding Alt. Ironhide/Skids...

The REAL Generation Zero

who needs aerodynamics anyway, besides at least it isnt another alt CAR

(ok, before I get attacked IKNOW that the xb is just a box on top of the corolla chassis, but it IS shaped like an suv, w/o curves)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who needs aerodynamics anyway, besides at least it isnt another alt CAR

(ok, before I get attacked IKNOW that the xb is just a box on top of the corolla chassis, but it IS shaped like an suv, w/o curves)

:lol Alternator Boxatron. :thumb

If you don't like the xB, that's the point. It's not supposed to appeal to everyone. Kind of like: if the music’s to loud, you're too old. When people design to consensus, you get Camrys and Accords.  Good, boring cars that everyone accepts as such, but very few get excited about. 

Ferrari’s aren't for everyone either.  Admittedly more people like a Ferrari than an xB, but a hell of a lot more will buy the xB (cheap, very practical) vs farrari (expensive, requires a second, more practical, car for almost anyone who buys one).

I think the xB is a great little car and makes a terrific binalternator.  Should it be iron hide?  That's a different question. Now the I've seen the face shield mold, I'm all about it, though :-)  Ironhide’s original alt mode and robot mode sucked!  This is a huge upgrade.

Skids, Ironhide, blaster, preceptor... they all would be fine in my opinion.

P

[edited for spelling]

i love the mold but im going with skids why?

1 blue would look gr8 on this mold

2 head looks like the toon

3 means iron hide could still be a ram

as for the bB as a car its not ment for speed its a mini van and as far as minivans go its very nice looking if i was married with 2 kids this would be on the list as possible cars to get

i love the mold but im going with skids why?

1 blue would look gr8 on this mold

2 head looks like the toon

3 means iron hide could still be a ram

as for the bB as a car its not ment for speed its a mini van and as far as minivans go its very nice looking if i was married with 2 kids this would be on the list as possible cars to get

I would have to call it a mini-minivan, by that logic.  Show me 2 parents, 4 kids, a dog, and a weeks worth of groceries crammed into a Scion, and then you can call it a minivan. 'Till then, it's just an inexpensive trendmobile.  Cool for what it is, but definately not my cup of tea.  I wouldn't necessarily call it a car per se, but it's far from being a truck or minivan either.  I know it sounds insulting, but I don't really know what to call it besides a "box on wheels".  They are unique looking, I'll give them that... and I guess they're roomy inside, from what I've heard.  I guess I'd consider them a high-end economy passenger vehicle? 

But, Xb debate aside, this thread kinda got derailed from my original question pretty quick.  I meant to start a discussion on the possibility of Takara and Hasbro intentionally designing one head that could be used as two different charachters, but it quickly became just another "It's Ironhide!  No, it's Skids!  No, it's Perceptor!" debate.  :roll

Nevermind, I guess.  :tftongue

I hope its just Skids for both toylines.  If it were only Skids in the BT line, that would my first BT toy.  That is unlikeley though. 

For Skids, the xB is a step up from the crappy, early '80s Japanese compact car that he used to be.  For Ironhide, it would be just one more insult to him.  Even though it's not a popular chocie either, a mini-van is still a large vehicle.

I hope its just Skids for both toylines.  If it were only Skids in the BT line, that would my first BT toy.  That is unlikeley though. 

For Skids, the xB is a step up from the crappy, early '80s Japanese compact car that he used to be.  For Ironhide, it would be just one more insult to him.  Even though it's not a popular chocie either, a mini-van is still a large vehicle.

The Honda City Turbo, though looking like a little box is the equivilent of todays RSX or `Type Rs` in europe and Japan.  You need to appreciate the context of the times ;)

The Honda City Turbo, though looking like a little box is the equivilent of todays RSX or `Type Rs` in europe and Japan.  You need to appreciate the context of the times ;)

It's still a cheap looking little car. 

the xb toyota's answer to the pt cruiser, which was chysler's answer to the suzuki samarui, the samaray (which had truck suspension) was japan's original answer to the Jeep Wrangler Cj

but enuff of that, I liked it better when takhas was more unified in there attack, if you want metal get bt's, if not get alts, this "create different character crap is lame because I dont want to buy both, but as a completist, I would have to get both if I wanted ironhide and skids, very lame

Well seeing as i have the prototype now, the model has grown on me most of all alts and bts.

I like the fact that in bot mode the model has a more soldier/guard look in overal, but in car mode its totally different from what we have seen in the past.

We already have the fast and brute power cars.

In truth this war would be over in mehr seconds. If decepticons were flying over the city all theyd do is lookout for about 40 hightech too expensive sportscars lead by most probably a red truck and fire away.

The transformation on him is incredible as is his mold. And as for the choice of the carmodel, im satisfied. Its unexpected, pretty new to the scene and adds as a welcome change from the overall.

Overall this would fit ironhide very well, Skids would become more mature this way. And to be honest, If the Dodge Ram is ever going to be released, I'd rather see Trailbreaker be it then Ironhide. if only for the G1 homage.

just my 2 cents

Archived