G1 Reissues

Alpha_Trion

:wave :wave Yeah, I recommend you to purchase the Takara version.

- no missile modification

- no toy modification as in Prime/Magnus smokestack

- comes with trading card, only a few of Hasbro come with trading card.

- the data files arts - they are so beautiful.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/reminator/HTML/...r/datafile1.htm

- comes with toy catalog

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did Takara reissue Magnus? I've seen the TRU reissue of him on Ebay but I've never seen the Takara version.

Another thought I had last night is would I be angering the collector gods if I opened the reissues and ocasionally played with them, being that I never had megs or optimus or a lot of the older G1 toys as a kid.

Well, what it comes down to is the price you're willing to pay for each toy. The Takara releases are mostly unmolested compared to the Hasbro re-releases, but price and availability are always factors you need to look into. Many of the Takara TF collections can be bought in online stores for the same price as the current TRU releases, so if you have a choice for the same item between both lines, for the same price, choose the takara version.

did Takara reissue Magnus? I've seen the TRU reissue of him on Ebay but I've never seen the Takara version.

Another thought I had last night is would I be angering the collector gods if I opened the reissues and ocasionally played with them, being that I never had megs or optimus or a lot of the older G1 toys as a kid.

:wave :wave Yes, Takara did reissue Ultra Magnus, in fact, they released 3 versions of him: the regular version, the shinning/ yellow version, and the diaclone version in 2001. Ultra Magnus had not been reissued in the bookstyle format yet.

As for angering the collector gods comment. I am an anti misb, ehhehee. I only buy misb and then only to open them up. I like my toy in fresh condition, no second hand. Hope that's help, ehhee.

But the Takara Ultra Magnus reissue is harder to get than the current book style reissues they do as I don't think they made as many. Starscream is a good example of the superiority of the Takara reissues. He comes with a Megatron gun and modified fists to hold him, painted on insignias and stripes rather than stickers for them and is a more cartoon accurate light blue. Apart from the missiles issue! Takara seem to put a lot more thought and care into their reissues. Also the boxes are definitely stronger.

But the Takara Ultra Magnus reissue is harder to get than the current book style reissues they do as I don't think they made as many. Starscream is a good example of the superiority of the Takara reissues. He comes with a Megatron gun and modified fists to hold him, painted on insignias and stripes rather than stickers for them and is a more cartoon accurate light blue. Apart from the missiles issue! Takara seem to put a lot more thought and care into their reissues. Also the boxes are definitely stronger.

:pfx

While its not 100% true to the orginal it really is a great package. I got him last month at a convention and he reminded me of how great G1 was....now I wanna get Dirge and Rodimus

well I just placed an order on ebay for the Takara versions of Optimus Prime, Megatron and Soundwave. I wanted to get the 3 most expensive out of the way first, I plan to buy the rest of the Takara ones in the coming weeks when I get more money then fill in the missing reissues with the Hasbro ones that Takara didn't reissue. By the way I picked up those 3 for 213.79 with shipping, I'm sure I could have gotten them cheaper if I looked around for a packaged deal but I decided to order them seperately.

• 1 year later...

I am hell bent on getting all the reissues.  I have Smokescreen/Prowl/Silverstreak and I was wondering if there is any difference in the figures themselves between Hasbro and Takara. I bought the Commemorative Series ones.  Should I have bought the Takara releases.  Thanks Ricochet

Archived