1000 Transforming robots!

ErikB

As of today, I officialy have hit 1000 transforming robots! This includes Transformers, Go Bots, knock-offs and a few off the wall things. I figure 75% is Tf's so that's not to bad. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I'm stoked, I had planned on hitting this mark around nov/dec...but i've been finding a ton of stuff all over and eBay has been good to me, LOL!  :clap  :thumb  :clap

Now question do you count lets say the armada stuff like the minicons as 3 and the say hot shot and his mini con as 2 ?

I wondered how you guys counted stuff like that  :thumb

Also congrats a grand thats alot, wonder how close i am  :tftongue

I for myself count them like you mention, opened pack ... minicon count as 3 , hot shot + jolt count as 2 , Gen1 headmasters count as 2 some action master count as 2 but like Optimus action master is 1.

counting mine like that I have 1200 minus 6 right now, only TF   :thumb

yeah, i count pretends and action masters as 1, mini-cons and target masters are separate. 1200 just TF's is way awsome! I'll be there oine day, lol.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1000 !!!

That's a lot. At least you know what you wasted your money on. :D

I'm currently somewhere between 300 and 400, but don't knwo exactly where because the hard-drive of my PC crashed again (about two days before I was planning to make a back-up), so I can't access that data any more. :tfsad

You could just count them the old fashioned way, like I did...  :tflaugh

As for counting minicons/targetmasters/headmasters, here's my policy: Headmasters and thier head count as one only, but minicons and targetmasters count separately, since they turn into something individually.  (Transforming into a head doesn't count, IMO.)  By the same logic, if I had G1 reflector, I would only count him as one, even though there's three individual bots.  I don't count powermaster engines separate either.  Only the Targetmasters count individually, because if they didn't, then G1 Megs wouldn't count either.  Both turn into a gun, right? :tflaugh

damn, if i go by those standards i'm at ;ike 800?! i dunno, that's a guess, lol. more likely 900 but you get the idea, it'd knock me down a peg. 1000 is the number i'm staying with, lol. It will hold true by all acounts by jan 2006.

1000 !!!

I'm currently somewhere between 300 and 400, but don't knwo exactly where because the hard-drive of my PC crashed again (about two days before I was planning to make a back-up), so I can't access that data any more. :tfsad

As for counting minicons/targetmasters/headmasters, here's my policy: Headmasters and thier head count as one only, but minicons and targetmasters count separately, since they turn into something individually.  (Transforming into a head doesn't count, IMO.)  By the same logic, if I had G1 reflector, I would only count him as one, even though there's three individual bots.  I don't count powermaster engines separate either.  Only the Targetmasters count individually, because if they didn't, then G1 Megs wouldn't count either.  Both turn into a gun, right? :tflaugh

Reflector is a toughie. They did get three separate bios in the More than meets the eye guide. I think the Powermasters should count because they do turn into a useful product. Sort of the like the cassettes. Without Blaster and Soundwave they're kinda useless but they still Transform. But I do agree about the Head Masters. In both mode your left with one bot and the smaller bot is essential for the bigger bot to even exist.

Just saw your site...

Daaaaammmmn! :eek :thumb  :thumb

1000 !!!

So the exclusive JP headmasters don't count as individuals eventhough they're sold seperately?

Just geekin'.

you got a point , thats why I say if the guy or gal as a name , you count them even if in the tv serie (american) the headmasters had a personality before the heads became robot but in the Japanese they went the other way around.

but hey every one as his way and it's ok

1000 !!!

So the exclusive JP headmasters don't count as individuals eventhough they're sold seperately?

Just geekin'.

I never knew about those... got any pics? 

And yeah, that's a good point on the powermasters.  I never looked at it that way, I was thinking more along the lines of that the big bot can't transform at all without the small one, so the little guy was more like a key.  But yeah, looking at it the other way, I guess you probably should count the engines separately.

I would still not count the heads though.  If you do, then the head guy just seems creepy.

"What do you transform into?"

"A severed head... wanna see?"

"Umm, no thanks.  I'll take your word for it."  :tflaugh

(of course either way, it doesn't affect my count by much.  I've only got one each of headmasters, powermasters, and targetmasters so far.  Skullcruncher, Takara's God Ginrai reissue, and Hasbro's Stepper reissue, respectively.  :thumb

My collection, for those interested..)

I never knew about those... got any pics? 

And yeah, that's a good point on the powermasters.  I never looked at it that way, I was thinking more along the lines of that the big bot can't transform at all without the small one, so the little guy was more like a key.  But yeah, looking at it the other way, I guess you probably should count the engines separately.

I would still not count the heads though.  If you do, then the head guy just seems creepy.

"What do you transform into?"

"A severed head... wanna see?"

"Umm, no thanks.  I'll take your word for it."  :tflaugh

(of course either way, it doesn't affect my count by much.  I've only got one each of headmasters, powermasters, and targetmasters so far.  Skullcruncher, Takara's God Ginrai reissue, and Hasbro's Stepper reissue, respectively.  :thumb

My collection, for those interested..)

Severed heads.

Archived