Anybody Ever Been Dumped b.c of Transformers?

Hearse

A big problem I notice with girls I've dated (and I'm sure it can go the other way for guys, not meaning to stereotype) is that they tend to place the blame for previous breakups on concrete things rather than ideas.

For example, how many of you have heard a girl complain about being ignored for video games?  Internet?  Sports, work, hangin' with the boys, etc?  It's always the ACTIVITY that gets the blame, as though anyone who practices that activity in her mind does it to excess.  The real problem, though, is downright INCONSIDERATE behavior - the little part at the front about being ignored.

Anyone who thinks your Transformers are a reason to break up is being petty and irrational.  Pay your bills, reserve enough time and money to take your partner/family out and make them feel special here and there, and be responsible - if you do all these things, then no person has the right to criticize your interest.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm plenty old enough to understand it chief and yes I know thats what they enjoy buying, kind of the whole point of my response, maybe you should try reading the entire thing instead of looking for something to gripe about to make yourself feel important.

I stand corrected:  Your faulty logic of comparing women's desires to buy "age appropriate" things versus grown men collecting children's toys (my previous post proves I read the entire thread, chief) shows that you lack analytical and/or social (i.e., don't understand the opposite sex) skills.  Read your post again and ask yourself who's the one who came across as griping.

Don't worry, with luck you'll have a chance to kiss a real-live girl someday.

Done.

And I suppose making personal attacks on people you BARELY know because of a discussion about children's toys make you any more "mature"? How about making broad generalizations that collectors will never have any girl/boyfriends? Talk about hypocrisy :roll

On topic, I envy you guys who have girlfriends who support your collections. I'm the only person among my circle of friends (of both genders of course) who actually have an extensive Transformers, let alone toy collection, making the chances of a girl who'll be interested in them practically nil. :tfsad

I don't really mind if a girl have zero interest in my hobby, but it would just be so cool. :thumb

Ok, one last attempt here before we will lock this one down. Stay on topic and keep it free of flaming and/or insulting or warnings will be issued to all participating parties. This topic is for a Transfan in need of help. It's not for ego flexing. Last chance...

My Ex. knows that I was into TF's, but I just really got into them last summer, and that was after we broke up.  She was cool with it, though.  Then again, she was a drama queen.  :redface

AND THATS WHY SHE'S MY "EX". :mwahaha

Having a "your thing" also allows for a relationship to grow and be more supportive, because once you've established that you have an interest, your partner should also do the same (i.e. "her thing").  It gives both of you something to define yourself still as an individual, because a relationship where you're joined at the hip and do everything together is doomed for failure.

The other important thing is supporting and encouraging your partner to enjoy their own preferred activities, while at the same time expecting that same support and encouragement from them.

I haven't as of yet found a girlfriend in this lifetime however if i do I hope it's in the toy asle at Walmart or in Toys r Us. I'm a toy's R Us kid and nothing anybody does or says to convince me otherwise will make a lick of a difference any which way. :clap

Though I've been heavy into Transformers collecting since the start of Armada, I have been working to moderate my spending on them. When Cybertron hits I've already considered only buying Deluxes, and Basics because a paycheque can only go so far when it comes to expenditures such as rent, vehicle loan payments, phone/dsl and others. As far as my collection goes, having them all on display looks cluttered and uneven and the dust they collect is a bugger, especially in a basement. I've already cleaned up most of them however still display my MP OP, Energon Unicron, and a few others. Everything looks altogether cleaner, and more organized in my opinion. :thumb

Also in terms of a collection, the bulk of it is Armada, and Energon so I really can't think of them as anything other than childrens toys because that's what they are. I onbsess very little about Transformers,and I'm no rabid completest so I can't see it interfering with a relationship all that much.  Uh, huh. Famous last words. :lol

Gf or Tf?..........

This may take a while.....

[RANT ;) ]You know what? Screw people who don't understand Transformers collecting. We can do what we want. If you're doing well enough to have some money left over after budget, you should be able to spend it on what makes you happy. Only self serving people would get pissed off about someone buying toys. Teh lame.[/RANT]

:tfgrin

Archived