Anybody Ever Been Dumped b.c of Transformers?

Hearse

Thanks guys...you're helping a bunch...

And there ARE other reasons, PM me if you feel you MUST know (lol I don't mind nosiness)...

But in seriousness, it prolly was just an excuse...Transformers weren't ALL evil in our relationship:

-GAG alert!-

We even called each other "Sugar-bot" a la Quickstrike and "Soul of Delight" a la Silverbolt (in a light, joking sense of course)

Maybe I'm just taking it too hard cuz she was my first and it lasted so long?

Thanks again, guys

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite simple, My wife let's me buy Tf's as long as our main priorities are done first(bills,food, clothes, etc) She even hepls me choose sometimes, but she is never trying to throw my hobby in my face. 

If someone loves you or wants to be with you, it must be cause of who you are, not cause of what you have or might give.  Anyone who breaks up a relationship and blame it on toys, has/ must check his or her mind.  Collecting is not a crime as long as it doesn't get too obsesive. 

Some of my wife's friends  sometimes try to laugh at me cause I'm an old guy who buys toys. BIG DEAL I SAY SHE DOESN'T COMPLAINS, SHE EJNOYS IT AND I TAKE CARE OF HER AND ALL HER NECCESITIES FIRST, WHAT DO YOU DO BESIDES DRINKING AND LETTING DOWN YOUR MARRIAGE? 

After such an argument they just STFU and that's it, what i do with my life and my marriage is my business alone.  What you do with your life and your toys is your business and your fiance's.  NO ONE HAS A SAYING ON IT.

I've never been in a serious relationship. But most girls that i talk to, and have told them about my tf's think it is quite unique and cool. Just talking to a girl last night about it, she qouted "thats awesome"

Well, since I am the GF, I have no problems what so ever... he likes the collection, and doesn;t care if I blow money on it.... As long as we have gas money and whatnot (not like we will... He likes collecting videogames )

I think you guys are all finding the wrong girls :P (kidding.... )

I told her I collected them BEFORE I met her (note that I forgot to tell her initially - was only a casual collector then)

exactly. thats what i do. when i meet someone new, we start talking about hobbies.. then the question pops up.. oh what are you hobbies... there's no way to get around it so i just flat out say, i collect toys. and then they do something like  :eek 'omg are ru fawkin serious?'

lol. but thats not till deep in the conversation.. some reciprocate, some dont.. the ones that do are keepers. i have my alts/bts on display so when i bring people in and they see it for themselves they are blown away...'damn tf's come a long way since then' or 'i remember these!!!!' :tflaugh

my gf loves em. so much she stole my shockwave.

Allow me to play Devil's Advocate:  Transformers are children's toys, plain and simple.  If you are older than Hasbro/Takara's target market, you can rationalize your collecting all you want but bottom line is that your hobby involves collecting children's toys.  Furthermore, it's one thing to collect children's toys whose value is based on TRUE nostalgia and not existing playability; however, this is NOT the case for children's toys that have been/are in recent production. 

This is the perception of the overwhelming majority of people:  Are they being narrowminded?  Yes.  Are they wrong?  NO.  There is a difference between the two.  To try to rationalize and justify your habit to get others to "understand", is for the most part, an exercise in futility:  There is no rationalizing the collecting of children's toys by a "mature" person. 

In the end, like any other hobby people engage in, it's an activity purely of out of love and interest.  And that's all that matters.

Archived