Anybody Ever Been Dumped b.c of Transformers?

Hearse

Sorry, my previous GF (live in that is) really didn't care either way and my now fiance actually goes on the hunt and sometimes buys me things if she see's them (that's how i got the RID train set :clap)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my old girlfriend liked them, bought me my first ones, but never even pretended to like the show. 

Most of the other girls (or anybody) who've seen my collection thinks it's cool.  Everyone likes to play with em.  If someone didn't, I wouldn't mind, but I sure as hell wouldn't date them.

TBH, your girlfriend sounds mean.  She knows your collection means something to you, so it's an easy way to hurt you.

Bah. 

This is how I got away with it with my wife:  I told her I collected them BEFORE I met her (note that I forgot to tell her initially - was only a casual collector then).  It's a hobby of mine, so I'm going to collect them after the bills have been paid!

If you have a girl who's complaining about it, then use something she does against her.  Like shoes.  Tell her you'll stop collecting TFs the days she stops buying shoes.  Or stuffed animals. Or clothes that she will only wear once. Is it petty? Probably.  But it works.

The last two girls I dated both seemed to do that same thing, they say they are ok about it, then when you meet one of her friends, the first thing out of their mouth is, so you collect transformers. I didnt really have a problem with things being said about it behind my back, but both of them had a problem with it and wouldnt do more then just joke around when I brought it up. 

When my girlfriend and I broke up around last christmas, the transformer collection was brough up and thrown in my face.  The girl was completely dependent on me for the most part and would never even offer to buy a meal or pay for a movie.  So she saw it as me taking away money that could be spent on her, or what she was really thinking, "how am I supposed to have the life style that I want when he is off buying toys".  It wasnt brought up during the break up, it was brought up at St. Patricks day when I ran into her and her new BF.  The funny thing was she had a few of mine at her place, and still displayed them with a few other things that I had given her. 

The best thing you can do is, be upfront about it, let them know its a hobby, and nothing more, hell if you have to sit them down and make them go over your budget with you so they can see that you are responcible and not spending all your money on toys.  The only down side to that is, then the girl knows how much you make, how much you need to live on and can figure out in her mind how much you can spend on her. 

Its hit or miss, and if they are willing to end relations because of some toys, then dont worry they may think you are immature, but they just confirmed to you that they are shallow and no one needs that. 

Its hit or miss, and if they are willing to end relations because of some toys, then dont worry they may think you are immature, but they just confirmed to you that they are shallow and no one needs that. 

That's the hypocrisy in the whole thing. Some girls will whine about collectors being "immature", but at the same time, there are immature enough to let toys end their relationship with you. If someone really loves you, toys will not be a hindrance, but an unhealthy obsession with your toys will.

The world is full of double standards, and the reason why they don't see their obsession with clothes and shoes as equal to your fascination with childrens' toys, is that their interests are more socially acceptable than yours.

most girls i meat

:eek

All I'm gonna say is:

THEY ARE TOYS. Calling them "collector's items" is a rationalization.

It's been my experience that chicks are okay with any hobby that doesn't seem like an obsession. Otherwise it makes them feel like the hobby is more important than they are, which makes for a bad situation.

my last  girlfriend acted the same way.......but she was alot younger than me so she didnt have an appreciation for them.....she also scolded me for buying toys all the time trying to tell me to "grow up"......my new special lady friend is more mature (and a little older :clap )  she grew up in the 80's just like me so im in this one for the LONG haul fellas......sorry to hear about that Hearse

jr

most girls i meat

:eek

All I'm gonna say is:

THEY ARE TOYS. Calling them "collector's items" is a rationalization.

It's been my experience that chicks are okay with any hobby that doesn't seem like an obsession. Otherwise it makes them feel like the hobby is more important than they are, which makes for a bad situation.

:pfx

If a girl thinks you are picking something over her (could be anything) and

in doing so she feels you are not making her #1, that is a recipe for a problem.

You don't need her anyway, but you must consider what Madhammer said for

future reference.

When I met my wife I would keep my Spawn and Star Wars stuff at here apt.  So she got used to it.  When I married I would still collect stuff but she doesn't mind much as long as I give her what she wants.

Archived