Anybody Ever Been Dumped b.c of Transformers?

Hearse

Yup, dumped over toys. There are other reasons we broke up, but she kept going back to "spending ALL my money on 'toys' when I have bills to pay" (not true! NEVER been late on a bill!!) ...she called me immature, a child, blah blah blah...

Truth of the matter: my collecting severely subsided after she expressed her distaste...

Not to mention she hypocritically has a few of my Universe figures (including a comical E. Omega Supreme's head riding Universe Magna Stampede)....which I WILL be getting back...

Has anybody else experienced rockiness in a relationship over these COLLECTORS' ITEMS? Were ya'll able to sway them into realizing they're not just toys? How?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no dumped over but my newly dubbed "x" had alot in common with urs she was always making fun of and trying to embarrass me in front of people"there he goes to the toys again" and a grown man still buying toys which raises a quest is their a realtionship that their significant other supports them

ive had a few wtf momments in the past but i hide most of them if i bring a lady home with me. i just leave out the BT's and mp convoy and maybe 1 or 2 others. latly ive been lucky and most girls i meat are ok with it hell even get me them for B-days and such. of corse for every girl whos ok with it their will be 20 who think its childish.

We never lived together in the sense of having to support one-another...but even if we did I'd have the self-control to pay bills first...i do already with the few I have...and besides, who says it can't be 50-50?

ive had a few wtf momments in the past but i hide most of them if i bring a lady home with me. i just leave out the BT's and mp convoy and maybe 1 or 2 others. latly ive been lucky and most girls i meat are ok with it hell even get me them for B-days and such. of corse for every girl whos ok with it their will be 20 who think its childish.

yea ive got that same prob i have alts'bts and a few of my favs out in my room and when they walk in that got that wide eyed look going on

What about those of us who think of them as toys? >.> ;)

I've never had a GF, so I've never had the pleasure of getting dumped over toys, which is a silly thing anyway. if a person is that shallow, then screw 'em.

I've never had a GF, so I've never had the pleasure of getting dumped over toys, which is a silly thing anyway. if a person is that shallow, then screw 'em.

:pfx

If a girl wants you to spend all your money on her and doesn't respect you enough to let you do what makes you happy then you aren't meant for each other.

shes just trying to pin the blame on someanything she can... and the most obvious is ur collecting. how long have u two been going out for her NOT to understand that its just a hobby?? most women have just as bad spending habits as us.. blowing 50, 70, 80 bucks on clothes, makeup, shoes, accesories.. whatever. but im sure there's more personal stuff that u cant really talk about over the forums...(and two sides to every story)

im sorry bout ur loss. on the brighter side of things... maybe she'll turn around and things will get back to normal.

one thing i learned is compromise. no compromise.. nothing gets resolved

I don't understand why would someone break up with a toy collector unless his priorities are really screwed up.

I honestly think your ex probably has friends or relatives that think the same way as her and probably mocking you for it, and she wants to save face.

Shouldn't people break up with their partners because of unfaithfulness, irresponsibility, immaturity, personality conflicts, personal beliefs and other actual relevant reasons?

Archived