Wing Superion Maximus

THE STIG

:eek  :D  :wave  :bounce  :drool are those prototypes! Looks real nice vp!!!

Not sure what you mean by prototypes.  I guess what you mean to ask is are those mold casted.  Yes, they are.  :thumb

Edit: here's how I made them.  Basically I took the connector off of a combiner limb.  Then I surrounded it with styrene.  The surrounding is made big enough to fit snugly into the slots of Wing Saber's limbs.  I made one (left side of the pic) and mold casted it to make multiples (right side of pic).

post-4218-1119732630.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:eek  :D  :wave  :bounce  :drool are those prototypes! Looks real nice vp!!!

Not sure what you mean by prototypes.  I guess what you mean to ask is are those mold casted.  Yes, they are.  :thumb

Edit: here's how I made them.  Basically I took the connector off of a combiner limb.  Then I surrounded it with styrene.  The surrounding is made big enough to fit snugly into the slots of Wing Saber's limbs.  I made one (left side of the pic) and mold casted it to make multiples (right side of pic).

Any chance of you sending one to Transrepos?

Any chance of you sending one to Transrepos?

I doubt there would be enough buyers to warrant transrepro making them.  Plus, a little bit of cement glue needs to be added around the inside rim of the block after casted in order to give it more grip.  The locking mechanism that the combiner limbs had doesn't work on the casted blocks so its a bit loose if you don't add something around the inner rim (I used rubbery cement glue but I guess nail polish might work too as I heard that's what a few people use to tighten loose joints on old transformers).  Of course I let the glue dry before attaching it to Storm Jet so that I don't accidently glue the block to him.

I don't really see BRUTICUS MAXIMUS custom. It looks lik he only has a sword.

The Bruticus Max custom from the link from in the first page is basically different energon combiner limbs.  He tried to have it so the limbs are similiar to the G1 limbs in terms of alt mode (helicopter, jet (space shuttle), jeep, and tank).  The helicopter, jet, and tank are just repaints of energon combiner limbs whereas the jeep looks like its made from another energon basic.  Not sure from which figure though.

Finally, a use for that stupid block of a transformer!  I bought Wing Saber on a whim...I assumed that that was going to be my one chance to buy him, seeing as he was kinda rare in my stores.  I immediately regretted the decision, seeing as i've never bought Fatimus Pwime.  However, seeing this post has changed my opinion on him entirely.  Just gotta make me some of those blocks and I'll be set!

:ab

Archived