What's a Prime

Calcifer

To me, there is only one Optimus Primes: G1 and War Within (becuase it fits in with g1, and is g1 prime).

I don't like any newer primes. I hate when they take a popular character and constantly  make a supposed "new and better version".

Cybertron, Energon, and Armada are classic examples. They just look too overdone in my opinion. Same with Star Convoy and all the other japanese prime variations.

I especially hate monkey primes.

In Japan, Star Convoy was the same character as Convoy.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me, there is only one Optimus Primes: G1 and War Within (becuase it fits in with g1, and is g1 prime).

I don't like any newer primes. I hate when they take a popular character and constantly  make a supposed "new and better version".

Cybertron, Energon, and Armada are classic examples. They just look too overdone in my opinion. Same with Star Convoy and all the other japanese prime variations.

I especially hate monkey primes.

In Japan, Star Convoy was the same character as Convoy.

[P.S. Star Convoy is the same charector as G1 Optimus Prime.

I think you missed my point.

twas already said ;)

in the states, there's only two primes: Optimus Prime, the immortal leader of the autobots, and nemesis prime, his evil twin. technically, vector prime isn't a prime. at least not in the GF version.

I suppose Rodimus Prime was a before your time....

rodimus prime's unpopularity is why every autobot leader since the end of G1 looked like prime in some way. the only exception was optimus primal post season 1 of BW and even then hasbro frimly established that he was prime's decendant.

It's up to you to put together who you want, there is no set rule for it.

And I deem Flame Convoy's head more a mix of BW Dinobot with the Prime traits.

ok...Prime is US, as stated above. Optimus Primes name meaning the perfection of perfect (more or less).

Err..No, not at all. It means "First among the Finest", with Prime meaning "First", and Optimus meaning "Very good" "the best", or, in this translation, "Finest".

It not only discribes his position as leader, but also how he leads. His name indicates that he is not elevated above his peers, but stands with them, as equals. He is merely first in line, with the most responsibilities, but he is not more than the others around him.

As for what is a Prime: Any Autubot-leader is a Prime, IMO. Optimus Prime from G1 rates equal with his AM-counterpart, or with Universe Primal, and Star Saber. The Convoy's from Galaxy Force are not Autobot-Leaders, but ore department-heads, taking charge of the different planets. However, there is only one real leader among all the TFs in GF/Cyb, and that is Galaxy Convoy. Vector Prime is a seperate character, who happens to thare the same suffix in Cybertron, but does not have the same position in the Autobot-hierarchy.

Yeah its really down to personal prefrence. Although I dont display all mine together(no room), I have worked out a kind of system for my own little fanverse that allows all the Primes, Convoys, Primals ect to exist alongside each other.

Often high ranking Autobots will have an honorific title added to there name, or alter there name to incorporate an honorific.

The highest and most well known is the title of Prime. This is reserved for the bearer of the creation matrix. As a result there is never more than one Prime at any one time. On the rare occasions that the previous matrix bearer is still alive when it is passed to a new guardian, there name reverts to the one they had before they carried the matrix.

There are several other honorific titles used by the Autobots. These are generally awarded to high ranking and respected leaders. While they all equate to roughly equal ranks and prestige, the titles themselves vary due to tradition and regional differences.

The most widespread of these among the Autobots is the title of Convoy. So much so that the high command is commonly known as “the Convoy council�, even though it has many members who do not have the Convoy honorific in there designations.

The title of Primal is a traditional one among groups composed mainly of beast formers. Although it is rarely used nowadays as many Autobot groups are a mixture of alt mode types.

The title of Magnus originates in the city state of Iacon. Traditionally it was reserved for the matrix bearers 2nd in command. And was often (although not always) the one to whom the Matrix was passed to.

Archived