What's a Prime

Calcifer

To me, there is only one Optimus Primes: G1 and War Within (becuase it fits in with g1, and is g1 prime).

I don't like any newer primes. I hate when they take a popular character and constantly  make a supposed "new and better version".

Cybertron, Energon, and Armada are classic examples. They just look too overdone in my opinion. Same with Star Convoy and all the other japanese prime variations.

I especially hate monkey primes.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i don't display rodimus prime with my primes.. to me, "prime" is a form of optimus' character is whatever show or repaint or whatever.... except all those black convoys/scourges... i hate that crap

So if you you'd buy a God Ginrai, you'd leave it out?

Excuse the raving fanboy in me, but that's just my problem... What's 'correct'?

(Black convoys are cool!)

'Correct' is whatever you want it to be. If you just want to add bots that you personally consider the equivelent of "Optimus Prime," then do it.

From what I understand, "convoy" is some sort of military/leader title or title of respect, so it really has no bearing on whether that bot is or is not a "Prime".

In the States, Flame Convoy will be Scourge, and I think Nitro Convoy will be a female bot named Override. I have no idea what Live Convoy's name will be, but I doubt it'll have anything to do with Optimus OR Prime.

Optimus Primal isn't, strictly speaking, a Prime.  He adopted the name of one of Cybertron's greatest Autobot leaders as a show of respect or some such.  Regardless, he looks like Optimus Prime, and he stands in my display of Optimus Primes/Convoys, just as all the various Megatrons and Galvatrons I have are displayed together.

Basically, just do what YOU feel is right with YOUR collection.  If it's a Prime to you, that's all you need to worry about.

X-BoB:  So, now Flame Convoy has a Convoy/Prime-ish head?  I could swear it was YOU who was insisting it was a TM2 Megatron head..... :punch

It's just a toy. To me a Prime is the leader of the main army. Vector Prime to me is more like a sub commander. In your case, if you cant decide just rename Vector Prime and the others.

Japan seems to use the name Convoy to denote leadership of many different forms (obviously both Bot and Con in GF), whereas in the States we refer to the highest ranking leader of the Autbots as " ____ Prime"

Vector Prime is an exception because he's part of the original 13 TFs created by Primus, which were all made Primes.

I don't know about Nemesis Prime.

Archived