Quit Whinging

Haggisjin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it so bad to wanna know why the hell doesn't my Alt Windcharger look like my G1 Windcharger? And the the F*ck happened to his gun damn it!?!

answers:

(if you're looking for Windcharger's head, take a look at Decepticharge. Honda USA nixed the gun.)

:rofl  :rofl *Ren's voice* Those STUPID EEEDIOTS!!

Next your going to tell me the botched the negotiations to get us a VW Bumblebee.

I know I'm gonna get the crap flamed out of me for this, but it's been stewing inside for a while, and I find doing things like this once in a while is easier than paying for a therapist 15 years from now when I breakdown and attempt to kill someone.

Yes you are.  I won't be the one to do it, but you will get flamed.

Would all the people out there quit their whinging that this toy or that toy isn't "G1" enough. Christ I'm sick of people saying that "the G1 toy was better" or "they should stick more closely to the original" or any of that crap.

Okay.  As soon as all the people that 'whinge' about figures being "too G1" figure out how to STFU. 

It's a battle that's been going on for years.  It ain't gonna stop because Haggisman is finally annoyed by it.

First off, for the most part, even G1 didn't look like G1. Ugly, disproportionate bricks was what they more closely resembled. And they were fantastic. You know why? Because we were kids. Hell, when I was little I thought happy meal toys were great. Show a G1 toy to a kid these days and they'll grimace, look at you strangely, then slowly back away, avoiding all eye contact. They are not "better", or just have some kind of mystical feel about them, you're just nostalgic. That's it. If you want to know how cool a G1 toy is, ask your girlfriend just how cool it is. And if you don't have a girlfriend? That's part of the test.

Again with the bulls**t nostalgia argument.  When will people figure out that there are other reasons to like these 'Ugly, disproportionate bricks'?  I like them because I like the way they look.  It's also a look that hasn't been duplicated in any other line except parts of RiD.  And even then, it was different.

Secondly, G1 was twenty years ago. Kid's don't care if it the colour scheme of a toy is more appropriate of an obscure character who stood in the background of a cartoon they've never seen, instead of the name that hasbro has recycled to keep the trademark off of another obscure character who stood in the background of a cartoon they've never seen.

And finally, get over the fact that Megatron isn't silver. Honestly, I don't know how many posts I've read whinging about the colour scheme of GF Master Megatron. I have the guy, like I have the figure of EVERY SINGLE MEGATRON EVER MASS RELEASED (and then couple more), and he is bloody awesome. He stands out on the shelf. Friends of mine who don't care about transformers, ie. girls,  point him out and ask me about him. Also, if you had to evoke the feeling that this Megatron was infused with the power of Unicron, what colour scheme would you use?

The thing to remember about all this is the people on this and other TF sites aren't the kids you're talking about.  The people here are, for the most part, fans.  Or fanboys if you prefer. 

No, the kids don't care if Alt Wheeljack has green or blue stripes.  But others would like to see their favorite characters recreated as completely as possible. 

The other thing is, the people you're talking about, despite what it seems like, are relatively few in number.  It seems like there's more because they post about it so much. :tftongue

So to sum it up, G1 died a very long time ago. After which, we have gotten some considerably improved toys come our way. Articulation, paint schemes, transformations, anything you choose to imagine has improved. Let it go, and realise you're collecting kid's toys made to attract people with 6 minute attention spans.

I would argue a couple of things with that statement.  For example, I don't think that more complex transformations are necessarily better.  Yes, they are more impressive feats of toy engineering, but exactly how much fun is it to be playing TF WAR with your friend next door and have to stop for five minutes to transform RID Sideburn?  Or to have to look at the instructions to make sure E Shockblast has been transformed properly because his alt mode doesn't really look like anything specific? 

Also, I would argue that the more restrained paint schemes are more pleasing. To me anyway.  Of course, I have never seen the need to have every colour on every figure.  One main colour with a complementing highlight works for me .... 

Ultimately though, all of this is personal preference.  You like what you like, I like what I like, and others have preferences that may conflict or agree with ours. 

Archived