Quintessons and the TF universe

Bad Wolf

Or if you want to follow my fanfic, the Matrix is the most complex data storage device ever created. It was meant to be delivered to Cybertron by the three Omnibots before the Decepticons were even created, but a mixup left the Omnicons lost in space. The matrix found its way to Cybertron, but they never realized its true purpose. The three omnibots must be present to activate its features, but it is actually designed to capture and hold Unicron's spark. Unicron's spark, the earliest form of energy, cannot be created, destroyed, or even changed...only contained.

for me the maxtrix is the 1st spark crystal.....like a pre-crystal.....

for those of u that have been following the spark crystal exists in G1 yes or no argument............

In G1 the tf's of that era did not visualize thier personality components as something that could be separate from them.....or at least they did not dwell on it....when starscream free'd the combaticons(in the old cartoon their sparks/personality components were stored in a detention cell type room(in the form of a somewhat smaller energon cube)

in DW's version they were protoforms in status lock......

in G1 when a Tf died or was deactivated......that tf's spark or personality never left its shell.....ie why the could bring back older tf's like prowl, jazz, and even grimlock in the comics......in a primes case....its personality was absorb into the matrix.....(however in the cartoon optimus was reactivated by a quint w/o the matrix.....i beleive the quint new of a backup program that would activate a archived personality)

but other than this......none of the G1 tf's mentioned sparks as such.....even megatron beleived in a life after deactivation otherwise galvatron would never have beleived in starscreams disembodied spark(ghost)

in TFTM his body was completly destory...which should have dystroyed his personality component.....but he was obvious different....

flash forward about 500 years(i beleive BW happened about that time)

TF technology has increased, but belief in the 'matrix' has passed more into myth than fact***now that most of the G1 tf's left for an uncharted part of the universe****

in the botcon comics "enter the wrekers" Rodimus/springer/and arcee where just about the only ones left......and by this time Rodimus did not have the matrix..........and decided to undergo the maximal energy conservation conversion(which reduced their size and alt modes)

replication at this time took place in said CR/status pods with a protoform inside***see THMTE #8****

and until BM**uggggg**any reliegon was passed aside for science....

it wasn't until megatron went back in time/and back did the tf's of the BW era discovered the Matrix.....and its importance.....

long story short....

G1 tf's had personality components/programs which over time(and in extreme cases of criminal justice) was discovered could be harnessed in the form of a spark crystal and installed in to a pre-formed TF***proto form***with instructions on how a said TF would emerge depending on what stimuli was scanned for transformation***ie RID scourge....BW cheetor.......RID combaticons...etc*****

i was toying with a fan fic story of my own. it seems reasonable to make the quints into the first dominant lifeform on cybertron, i was kinda working that angle myself. although hadn't quite put the same thought into the specifics.

the story i've been working on takes place 10 years after the end of the u.s. cartoon. lord zarak is trying to find the key to rebuilding the decpticons who have been scattered across the galaxy. eventually zarak finds an old factory/workshop/lab deep within a chunk of space debris, which was once used by decepticons. while zarak explores the lab for signs of it's origin he accidentally triggers an energy field that transports him (in spirit only) back into cybertrons past and in the lab that he is in. he finds out, it's the birthplace of the decepticons!

the quints, or a faction of them, know they are about to lose and before adandoning cybertron, create the first decepticons to ensure that cybertron never knows true peace and happiness. this and much more is revealed to zarak. the quints, it turns out, had a prophecy that zarak is unknowingly fulfilling. this is where it kinda gets really specific about how the quints way back in the past knew this was going to happen and had it all set up for zarak to find in the future..yadda, yadda, yadda....

but it all leads to some interesting things occuring,

1. the discovery of a decepticon matrix :thumb

2. the return of megatron (with a really cool reason for him being changed back from being galvatron!!) :clap :tflaugh1

3. the creation of a new titan...omnicron! (whats cool about him is that he's made up of both primus and unicron!) :eek

like i said i'm still only tinkering with doing this story at this point. i am writing a rough narrative of it as a bit of a guideline should i ever want to do it in detail. :wave

Excelent and well thought out NPX. I see your points, but I am at the point where I like Primus as a Quint and not a God as in the MUSH 2005 history. I tend to like rationality as opposed to spirituality. Though your theory is a good one. I just don't want to believe that robots beleive in a god.

Who says that a being of great power has to be a 'god'? Primus and Unicron could easily have just been that, beings w/great power and the Cybertronians just perceive what they know of them as characteristics of 'gods'.....and if Primus were a Quint, how would he pose that much of a threat to Unicron???

Anyway, original theory and great thoughts, IMO, Nemesis!!! :thumb

in G1 when a Tf died or was deactivated......that tf's spark or personality never left its shell.....ie why the could bring back older tf's like prowl, jazz, and even grimlock in the comics......in a primes case....its personality was absorb into the matrix.....(however in the cartoon optimus was reactivated by a quint w/o the matrix.....i beleive the quint new of a backup program that would activate a archived personality)

That definately makes sense....and following that logic, when Rodimus gives the Matrix back to him, his actual spark begins to reintegrate and the reason for the sudden spasms and glitches OP experiences when he's trying to override said Quints' program......

• 3 months later...

My theory

In the Beginning there was the One he existed in a dimension called the Astro Plain. He was curious of his new playground so he spawned Primus the god of light and Unicron the god of chaos to explore. They were opposites to balance out the universe.

The more they explored the more they learned, soon they were sentient enough to know they were enemies. Primus and Unicron fought in the Astro Plain for a long time, it was a draw. The fighting has also increased the deities intelligence. Soon Unicron came up with a plain. Unicron "Influenced" a lowly scientist called Primacron to build him a colasol body with skin like steel. Unicron wrecked much havoc with his new body.

Primus was losing so he crafted the Astro Plain into his liking, the Matrix Zone a.k.a. the Allspark. Later Primus "Influenced" a race of intergalactic merchants to harness the Matrix Zone in the creation of robot slaves through a shrine called Victer Sigma. Victer Sigma gave the slaves sentience little by little until they broke free from the Quint's control. He gave the leader of the slaves the Matrix. The matrix was a direct link to Victer Sigma and intern the matrix zone and primus.

Archived