How do you decide what to get?

Nexus Prime

What motivates you most to buy TFs.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What motivates you most to buy TFs.

• If I like the character I'll buy the toy.
    • It looks cool I'll buy it.
    • Both character and coolness of toy.
    • I like the toy line/show so I'll collect most/all of it.
    • All of the above and then some! I need help, but don't want it.
    • Whatever Starscream's ghost tells me to buy.

What I do is 1st get who I thinks looks cool.  then get my fav regulars (like prime, SS, Megs) if they don't fall into the cool section.  If there are still some figs left I might get who is pwning everybody in the toon.  If there is some more left I get who is on sale.  I try not to get who I don't like but sometimes I might hit a dry where I need something new ,but I have all I want so I settle for whats there.  I won't do nothing but eat the $8-$20 anyway.

eh... during B-Wars/Machines I was a 8... now I'm probably a 4-5..

I usually buy each Optimus Prime, and 2 or 3 Autobots/Cybertrons/Maximals.. then Megs and a couple of good baddies to match them...

If anything combines with Optimus.. I buy that (so I got Fatimus Prime and Wing Saber.. Omega Sentinel is up next). 

I try to get whatever variants I can, e/c the gold ones or whatever.. that's too much.  I had the Nucleon Quest Convoy, have the Shining Magnus and Crystal/Black Hot Rod

I am a completist on Alternators/Binaltech.. as long as I have one of each American toy  I'm fine... i.e. I picked up BT Tracks cuz I couldn't find him here.  prob will pick up Am and Jap Wildrider/Dragstrip.. so I can get my Stunticon fix on  :tflaugh1

I voted both character and toy, but I wanted a character or toy option. 

Occasionally, I'll buy based on recommendations I've seen on the internet, but that's risky.  I hate E. Demolisher, but everyone at Unicron.com loved him. 

And if I haven't bought one in a while, I may buy one I don't really want just to get my fix.

:pfx

I did just that recently with a carded Armada Smokescreen.  Bought it just because it was there.  He's not a horrible toy, but far from great, or worth the $10 I paid for him.

I guess I forgot to throw in a 'desperation' vote.  My selection for store bought TF's has been dry lately and I can really relate to that.    :tfsad

I usually get every mold in a mainstream line, and all repaints that are counted as individual characters. I'm a BT and TFC completist, and a mold completist for Robotmasters. With regards to Universe, I just get what I can, and if I'm given the chance of grabbing some sweet store exclusives (since I'm at the other side of the world), I won't say no.

I tend to get the affordable exclusives though, no crazy psycho overpriced stuff like Lucky Draws.

I voted the if I like the line in itself option. I rarely have the chance to see any of the newer Transformer cartoons, and will probably not see much of Cybertron since I hate to budget my life around tv programming. Just as well I normally buy into a line if it looks extremely cool. Armada was a bit hit and miss so I skipped various toys here and there while Energon for the most part rocked with very few IMO craptacular modes. I really like what I've seen for Cybertron thus far and will probably set out to buy at least one of every mode with the only exception being that supreme Starscream brick of an oversized/over priced figure.

As for buying based on character that's now a close second because I've now finally seen the first ten eps of Beastwars and now want both a Optimus Primate, an a Waspinator. :thumb

Danmit Manhammer what have you done to me?  :inheek

Archived