Alternators Red Alert

Dark_Lord_Prime

nice, you use an Airbrush or Spraycan? since the finish looks like no brush has touched it.

Your right though, the mustang make a cool looking emergency vehicle.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love seeing kitbashes that aren't based on any pre-concieved notion of what a character should look like or what mold has to be used. 

Sometimes you just find something that looks awesome!

I never would have thought about using the Mustang mold for a Red alert...but it really does make for a good looking emergency vehicle.

How hard was the Mustang to disassemble?

I've only disassembled a Smokescreen,Deadend, and a Meister.  Meister I thought was the easiest, with Deadend being a pain in the ass...cause of the way the parts are...especially with his legs...

Are you going to use the Alt Sideswipe head or are you going to make your own?  I always thought Sideswipes was a little big for the other Alts...but maybe the Mustang is big enough.

I love seeing kitbashes that aren't based on any pre-concieved notion of what a character should look like or what mold has to be used. 

Sometimes you just find something that looks awesome!

I never would have thought about using the Mustang mold for a Red alert...but it really does make for a good looking emergency vehicle.

Absolutely.  After I was done with Jazz's stripes, I was looking at him one night, and suddenly saw Prowl in my head.

Then, after we saw the first pics of Alt Wheeljack and I'd decided I'd probably get one to snag the head from and make my own WJ, I suddenly saw the white 'Stang as Red alert.  :)

How hard was the Mustang to disassemble?

I've only disassembled a Smokescreen,Deadend, and a Meister.  Meister I thought was the easiest, with Deadend being a pain in the ass...cause of the way the parts are...especially with his legs...

It was actually pretty easy.  I had sort of a hard time getting the hinge pins out of his thigh flaps and the rear wheel pins didn't wanna let go, either, but I finally got 'em.    Everything else seemed to disassemble pretty easily--a lot more screws than pins in this one, I think.

Are you going to use the Alt Sideswipe head or are you going to make your own?  I always thought Sideswipes was a little big for the other Alts...but maybe the Mustang is big enough.

Why does everyone think I'd use Side Swipe's head?  I'm not jumping on you here, it's just that at least one person at almost every board I've posted this project on has asked me if I'm gonna use that head. I really don't see that much resemblance, myself.

Anyway, no.  I'm using the extra Meister head left over from my Prowl. I've taken the visor off and repainted it with transparent red, but I haven't decided if I'm gonna use it or not.

The neck ball is actually too small, but I plan to use some Plasti-dip--the stuff you dip, like, pliers or screwdriver handles in to give 'em a rubber/plastic grip coating--to bulk it up a little for the head's socket.

I don't remember if Wheeljack's head socket is too big or too small for the Tracks neck, but I do remember that I have to do something to make it fit properly when I get to that project.

Alt mode! Pics of bot mode will have to wait, as I've hit a snag--one of the hinge bars in his left leg twisted off.  :(

But, here ya go:

first, comparison shot with my digi-bash.  It turned out pretty damned close.  :thumb

dscf1306.jpg

red-alert2.jpg

Here, notice that he still has teh silver 'GT' logo and trunk badge:

dscf1307.jpg

dscf1309.jpg

And finally, a rear-shot:

dscf1310.jpg

I hope to get another Wheeljack soon, so I can replace the damaged leg and give you guys some bot pics.

Woohoo!  with the help of Road Rage's old shoulder (it broke, and had to be replaced with one from an extra Tracks) and a 1" hinge-pin from some old project, I've successfully fixed Red alert's leg! :yay

So, without further adieu, here are teh bot-mode pics!!

dscf1312.jpgdscf1313.jpg

dscf1327.jpg

Here he is without the red visor:

dscf1323.jpg

And with it:

dscf1324.jpg

And some bot-mode pics with the visor on:

dscf1326.jpg

dscf1328.jpg

:D :D :D

Yeah, I know the front looks a little crappy--I forgot to repaint those four holes across the bumper black.  :P

Archived