Transformers at walmart

plowking

My local walmart quit carrying Alts after Silverstreak and barely ever got anything new in for Energon.  I doubt they'll even get Cybertron, but you never know.  All stores should be gearing up for Christmas stocking about now.

As a hopeful plus, there are two new walmarts (1 is a super) going in by me, so that will make 3 walmarts in a 10 mile radius.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, your Walmart is merely clearing out Energon to make room for Cybertron.  Alts might be removed for a variety of reasons.

But Walmart will still carry Transformers, it is among the largest toy brands and so long as Hasbro is still making them, Walmart will probably stock them, though how much will depend on your area.

My Walmart has not carried any Alternators since Sideswipe. Also Energon is very lacking, all items still at full price and only has the combiner leaders. The Ultra 2 packs aren't selling and frankly they still have Minicons there. The only TF items that seem to sell were the Deluxe 2 packs and the comic, since those were not there anymore the last time I visited it.

However, Walmart got into trouble when Hasbro caught them selling that bootleg Armada Megatron (mine didn't have that one but had others from the series) and Hasbro reportedly reprimanded them. Ever since that story hit, my Walmart ceased to receive new Alternators, and only received 1 case per wave. And the toys weren't selling anyways.

Now some people have been able to get new stuff from Walmart (such as the one in Niagara Falls seems to be up to date) but other people are reporting their Walmarts have nothing new (like the one in Hamburg.) So whether this is because Walmart is changing something, or there is a store-by-store method of stocking items, or Hasbro is not sending Walmart as much stuff whether it deals with their bootleg misadventure or something else, is unknown.

What is evident is that some Walmarts seem to be stopping the stocking of Transformers. I hope I am surprised and they start carrying Cybertron, but I am sure TRU will be fine since they are up to date and only a mile from Walmart.

However, Walmart got into trouble when Hasbro caught them selling that bootleg Armada Megatron (mine didn't have that one but had others from the series) and Hasbro reportedly reprimanded them.

When did this happen? I hadn't heard about it at all.... And I even worked there when they had those figures...

However, Walmart got into trouble when Hasbro caught them selling that bootleg Armada Megatron (mine didn't have that one but had others from the series) and Hasbro reportedly reprimanded them.

When did this happen? I hadn't heard about it at all.... And I even worked there when they had those figures...

I'd bet this is just a rumor.

Hasbro needs Walmart more than Walmart needs Hasbro.

I fully expect to see more of those knockoffs (including the 1:18 Alt KOs) during the upcoming holiday season.

I'm starting to get seriously worried.  Southwest Missouri used to be one of the absolute best places for Alts in the country - I'd usually find new releases the day or week of their first sighting, including Tracks - but there's been nothing since March or April.  That's 6 Wal-Marts, 1 TRU, and a Target, and ZERO cases of Alts coming in for the last two months. 

The local TRU computers tell me a shipment was expected on the 21st of last month, but managers tell me it never got there.  I seriously think Hasbro just stopped distributing to my area all together. 

Archived