Transformers at walmart

plowking

I hit a walmart today and of course i went to the transformers section, same ol stuff, but the tags on the shelf all had these red dots on them. they were only on the transformers stuff. a worker told me when i asked her that it meant that they were getting rid of these items and wont be restocking them. can anyone verify this? my walmart WAS a reliable source for Alts, my tru sucks!  :tfsad

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about that, but both Wal-Marts that I frequent haven't gotten anything new in awhile. 

One doesn't have any Alternators, which is good because, sales=confidence to order more.

Maybe there will be a resurgence of TFs once the Cybertron line come out. 

One doesn't have any Alternators, which is good because, sales=confidence to order more.

Not really. A fully stocked aisle could also mean that stocks are constantly moving and being refilled with new stuff efficiently.

Not much stocks could imply that the items are slow-moving and therefore not constantly refilled. They would probably just want to get rid of the stuff and not get them again.

I don't know about that, but both Wal-Marts that I frequent haven't gotten anything new in awhile. 

Maybe there will be a resurgence of TFs once the Cybertron line come out.

Assuming "lack of alts on shelf" = "sales" and not "stopped ordering them"....

My TRU has actually been a pretty reliable source for Alts the last several months.  I just got Wheeljack Thursday night, and it's also where I got Swindle, Meister, Windcharger and Shockwave.

They still had several Windchargers, Shockwaves and Ravages when I was there Thursday.

To answer your question better:

The price tags on shelves are usually yellow. When turned to red (looks just like the yellow ones) it means all of those items are now clearance and priced to move. Also means no more are available and cannot be ordered.

Red Dots depend on the situation. If an item really hasn't sold, they WILL stop carrying it. If the dots are on there because they didn't have enough tags to mark them as clearance, this might be a viable option.

Since I worked at Wal-Mart, I can promise you this: It's either the end of Energon and trying to clear space for Cybertron, or it's the end of them carrying TF (one or more lines) period because of low sales. There are metropolitan and Rural Wal-Marts.

Metro: Larger stores, larger workforce, larger selection of items, larger stock of said items.

Rural: Small to medium stores, moderate workforce(usually understaffed),  What's neccessary to small to moderate selection, neccessary to moderate stock of said selection.

Rurals are really bad stores (like mine, although I worked in a Metro as they called it) because depending on what goes on around your location (such as gardening, farming, etc.) will definitely take a toll on what's stocked. Toys take a back seat to other sections of the store because they're deemed more important to that community than toys. Hell, even the electronics have a smaller selection.

My Wal-Mart has HDTVs on display, DirecTV kiosks, plenty of video games, computers and peripherals, and a relatively large toy selection. (not that great in TFs, but a selection nonetheless)

Yet 20 miles north of me, their toy section is smaller, but their electronics are larger.

20 miles south of me, the toy section is about 2 aisles smaller than mine, no HD, a LOT of video games, and 1-3 different computers to choose from. Hardly any peripherals.

Yet I've seen Wal-Marts that are literally on the other side of a town that are massive, carry everything you need, and then on the other carry a VERY small selection of what you need. So it's all a matter of where you are and the demographic.

If the store sees fit to not carry TFs anymore, they don't have to. Sad but true. Good luck man.

Here's a tip, if you've got a TRU in your town, your WM is most likely considered a metro, thus will continue to carry the TFs and the red dots were most likely a replacement for the clearance tags. Summer's a large season for clearance because they get rid of what didn't sell at Christmas time, and other seasonal items, plus they MUST make room for summer items such as pools, outdoor toys, and summer movie tie ins (be it clothes, video games, toys, etc.)

Don't get to worrying yet, give it some time and see what happens. Also, contact your toy department head he or she will be in Monday-Friday 7:00a-4:00p. If they evade you, go over their head. Call the customer line on the website and tell them you want TFs to stay or come back whatever the case may be and someone WILL definitely give you a call from the store asking if they can be of assistance and they usually are. (this tip works for everyone!)

Good luck to all!

all wal marts in my state are clearing out TF's as are Targets and shopkos. The one person i talked to was a bit confused but said they have some new stuff coming soon. I assume she means cybertron.

I thought my Walmart was going to stop with alts becuase they never restocked after the smokescreen/sideswipe shelf warming, except for one silverstreak, which is still warming.

Then they brought out a ravage, shocky, and windcharger w/o warning.  They have quit carrying universe, and haven't restocked basic or deluxe energon since towline. 

The only walmart near me that has any kind of decent selection left NEVER puts anything on clearance. Every other walmart store in the area had those deluxe Energon 2-packs and cleared them out months ago while this walmart still has plenty of them at $9.99.  They still have 4 of the original E-Ironhides for $19.99.  :eek 

There hasn't been a marked down price on anything in this store for months, and it's been really pissing me off!!!  :wtf

:tdown

Archived