My Haul + Review

UnicronimusPrime

This is for Universe Skywarp. I picked him up today and am now feeling like doing a quick review (my first review to boot.) So here it goes.

I have never owned this mold before, so this is my first time even picking him up outside the box, err... plastic on the card. I'll start with his jet mode. It's sleek, and his cockpit remind me of a duck head. I don't know why, it just does. His spark is accessable on his back. It took me a moment to figure out his transformation (first time since Uni that I actually looked at instructions.) He is possible but his arms looks just a bit to big and his hands just a bit to small. The only other thing I don't like is that I think his spark should be on his chest and not on his back, but that is just personal preferance. Besides that he is a good toy. Although to me he is more of a Cyclonus instead of Skywarp, but meh.

And an even quicker review on E Ultra Magnus!

He's a brick, they end.

I love my Universe Skywarp. I've been looking for a good repaint of this mold (I missed out on Jetfire and Drone).

I did a review on it and thought for a solid figure in robot mold and great features in both jet and bot mold it was the best Tformer I bought in a long time.

Though I do agree that the cockpit looks like a duck bill.

E-Megs looking like a Brick I'll add a cheap brick. I passed this one up. Hasbro could have done better.

Although to me he is more of a Cyclonus instead of Skywarp, but meh.

I concur, I twisted his wings around upside down so they'd have more of a Cyclonus feel. Then I put him on the shelf with Botcon Cyclonus, which was made using the super-size version of this mold. My G1 Cyclonus, G1 Skywarp and Armada Skywarp reside on the same shelf - so it's all in the family (especially if you belong to the school of thought that in TFTM Skywarp was reformatted into Cyclonus by Unicron).

don't wanna start anything and it's very possible that i'm wrong, but i thought thundercracker was turned into cyclonus

Thundercracker became Scourge.

Skywarp became either Cyclonus or "Armada" who was essentially a second Cyclonus - similar to how all of the Sweeps look like Scourge. The other possibility for the Cyclonus/Armada was one of the Insecticons, Bombshell. However, considering that Thundercracker and Skywarp were about as friendly towards one another that Decepticons get, and that Cyclonus and Scourge seem to have a similar relationship - a few Transfans (but not all) feel that it was Skywarp who became Cyclonus. Plus, Cyclonus has the same loyalty to Galvatron that Skywarp exhibited towards Megatron.

Of course, considering the Transformers rather dubious continuity, it probably doesnt' matter. :tfgrin

don't wanna start anything and it's very possible that i'm wrong, but i thought thundercracker was turned into cyclonus

Thundercracker became Scourge.

Skywarp became either Cyclonus or "Armada" who was essentially a second Cyclonus - similar to how all of the Sweeps look like Scourge. The other possibility for the Cyclonus/Armada was one of the Insecticons, Bombshell. However, considering that Thundercracker and Skywarp were about as friendly towards one another that Decepticons get, and that Cyclonus and Scourge seem to have a similar relationship - a few Transfans (but not all) feel that it was Skywarp who became Cyclonus. Plus, Cyclonus has the same loyalty to Galvatron that Skywarp exhibited towards Megatron.

Of course, considering the Transformers rather dubious continuity, it probably doesnt' matter. :tfgrin

I say that just because Bombshell became 'a' Cyclonus, doesnt mean he was 'the' Cyclonus. I think youre right. Skywarp & Thundercracker = Cyclonus & Scourge. It only makes sense, especially since most insecticons were sorta drones, much like the Sweeps.

Archived