My deep, dark, dirty secret....

Haggisjin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have more shame than you

I own the entire US armada collection

and have a Unicron decked out in japanese Exclusive minicons....his entire outer ring is filled in all the ports...

oO what is in your sig?

I have more shame than you

I own the entire US armada collection

and have a Unicron decked out in japanese Exclusive minicons....his entire outer ring is filled in all the ports...

oO what is in your sig?

Why a lone image ofcourse

of what the image is, it is a manga scan from the Notorious Japanese Highschool comedy Cromartie Highschool

All in all, I'm really starting to like the more recent TFs, now that they're no longer available in stores. :redface  So let's see, that means that in about 2 years, I'll be saying how Cybertron toys aren't all that bad, and how I wouldn't mind finding a few from the first couple of waves back in '05.  Hmm... maybe I'll buy some now, just in case... :thumb

I gotta feeling a lot of people who never bothered to give Armada or Energon a chance is going to find themselves on the hunt for them eventually. A lot of people judged them on the pics and never really bothered to get any of the really good ones just to check them out before condemning the entire lines.

I expect that a lot of those people will get a few Armada or Energon figures as part of a lot or something they buy on ebay or cheaply at a garage sale and they'll find out that they are actually some pretty damn good figures and they'll want more.

When that happens, I'll be here to scream "I TOLD YA' SO!!!"  :tftongue

the ebst armada figs IMO where jetfire,wheeljack(I don't have him, but I will someday) and bendy prime. I would get nemesis prime but after seeing the japanese one, I'd rather get that one instead.

Armada was the main line here when I bought Alt-Smoky (the reason I got back into TFs at 27) so I got a few. Some are horrid, (Scavenger & Sideswipe), but some are really good. "Bendy" Prime is one of the best TFs in a long time, and Thrust & Red alert were pleasant suprises when I got 'em out of the packaging. They're really articulated & can hold some good poses. Tidal Wave looks really menacing too, especially after seeing him in the PS2 game.

Armada is the first mainstream line I have actually started collecting hardcore since several Rid releases. The first time I had ever seen Armada was while vacationing in Ontario two Summers back and coming across then in a Walmart somewhere. I was immediately like :wtf is this, I thought TFs were long dead. They had em all and since I was nearly out of money I decided on detting Hotshot just for the heck of it. Hated it initially but it eventually grew on me and it wasn't long before I set out and found Red alert, Starscream and others. Articulation wasn't all that great, and they had design faws but IMO they fun to have, and play with even at age 23. From there I collected most of them however because of budget restraints missed out on a couple, and most of the minicon sets. I still have yet to find Scavenger, and Tidlewave who I passed on repeatedly when they were shelf warmers and not sure why.  :redface I also missed out on all of the Beastformer repaints but I know where to find em though it won't be cheap. :tdown

Armada had some awsome toys including Red alert, Jetfire, Overload, Megatron, Starscream,and of course Unicron. Also some not so great including but not limited to Blurr, Sideswipe, Smokescreen, Optimus "brick" Prime, and most of the Decepticons.   

If you missed out on this line, it makes a nice addition to any collection but right now if you missed out on the bulk of Energon you'll be :stone yourself in the future.

I have like 80% of Energon

Pretty much the only figures I'm missing are the Armada repaints, Beachcomber, and Galvatron. There are a few I don't have like a few autobot basics and Energon Ironhide and Dreadwind. However those are in plentiful supply so I will get them when they are discounted.

I however did aquire the TRU Vs pack with Deluxe prime and Mini-Megatron...I atfirst didn't realize that Megatron was the shrunken down one nor did I realize that prime wasn't the big one either and instead powerlinked with deluxes. I was surprised to say the least, then again I only paid 20 bucks for it.

Archived