What is your favorite gimmick

Tripredacus

Gimmick (example)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Gimmick (example)

• Spark wheels (Monsterbots, Sparkabots)
    • Flip out action (Triggerbots)
    • Color Changing (G2 cars)
    • Auto-transforming (Jumpstarters)
    • Pull-back engines (Throttlebots)
    • Spring-Loaded missiles (G1 Cars)
    • Water Shooters (G2 various)
    • Sound Boxes (Shockwave, G2/RID Prime/Magnus)
    • Light-up hands (Shockwave)
    • Motorization (Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx)
    • Light-Piping (hold head to light, eyes light up)
    • Powermasters (robot required to transform toy)
    • Headmasters (with built in tech specs)
    • Pretenders (toy within a shell)
    • Duocon combination (Battletrap, Flywheels)
    • Clones (Pounce/Wingspan, Fastlane/Cloudraker)
    • Doublespy (Punch/Counterpunch)
    • Multi-Changers (Triplechangers, Sixshot, Gigatron)
    • Action Masters (TFs that can't transform)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multi-formers. They feel like your getting more for your money. Also the more modes and the more complex the better for me. RiD omega prime is a well...prime example!

Spring Loaded Rockets.  I think they add the most play value.  Some would benifit from better designed triggers.

Light piping is cool, but is it really a gimmick?

:pfx

Projectle firing launchers have been my absolute favorite since G2 Optimus Prime. I really like how it carried over in nearly everything since. I'm kind of sad to see less of em in Cybertron in exchange for those cheesy IMO chip activated turrets/guns.

I'd also have to go with light piping though it's really not a gimick. I hope to see it carry over into the Cybertron line because lit lifelike eyes beat painted anyday.

Best use IMO: Energon Landmine. :thumb

What - Light Piping

Why - It's quite possibly the simplest, coolest feature implemented in order to give the toys a bit more life.  Bigger, complex things like triple-changing are cool and all, but in the relative scale the effort-vs-reward ratio is what I looked at.

Suggested Improvements - Do more with it like they did on Optimal Optimus / Primal Prime where it can involve LED lights and stuff - I mean, the PriPri ape has glowing yellow eyes, the bot has glowing green ones and a targeting laser, as well as lit-up red energy missiles, and you wouldn't guess any of those features existed until you transformed him and pushed the button.  Since LEDs run on virtually nothing, battery-wise, they could even possibly do solar power like on a calculator.

light piping

nothing to lose doesnt hamper the toy in any way

they still use it i think

Worst name ever though...  :tftongue

So far, I like the powerlink best, but I feel it wasn't used to it's fullest potential.  they should have had a bit more variety from the 'super pants and shirt' scheme.

I'd also have to go with light piping though it's really not a gimick. I hope to see it carry over into the Cybertron line because lit lifelike eyes beat painted anyday.

Best use IMO: Energon Landmine. :thumb  

nah, the best use is RiD scourge, hands down.

Archived