Kenner/Hasbro question...

The REAL Generation Zero

Yeah, what Steevy said, I just think though Hasbro was scared of the competition they bought out Kenner. I mean Hasbro also bought Wizards of the Coast probally only cause Pokemon was THE thing at time and they were selling the toys for pokemon....Hasbrom is getting to be a monopoly  :tflaugh

better for hasbro to have controll of a monopoly as opposed to mattel,....all they know how to do is drive great toy lines into the ground; i.e. barbie, motu............ If it wasn't for there younger child lines ( they eithe own little tikes, or fisher price) they'd be sunk.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
better for hasbro to have controll of a monopoly as opposed to mattel,....all they know how to do is drive great toy lines into the ground; i.e. barbie, motu............ If it wasn't for there younger child lines ( they eithe own little tikes, or fisher price) they'd be sunk.

When Barbie dumped Ken for some new guy....I was like,"Is nothing sacred!! Can't even Barbie have morals"

When Barbie dumped Ken for some new guy....I was like,"Is nothing sacred!! Can't even Barbie have morals"

yes and no, remember the fiasco with "pregnant barbie, she had no wedding ring and the mothers of america actualy sued Mattel for promoting pre-marital sex, LOL! Mattel pulled it off the shelfs, wow, talk about crazy...>sorry I'm off topic here, those moms make me mad...>get a life<

EDIT: on a side note that sounds odd coming from me, a guy who collects toys for a living and hangs in front of a comp 50% of his life

Hasbro purchased Kenner around 1991.

Because Kenner had a superior reputation in the boy toy aisle (thanks to Batman, Real Ghostbusters, and numerous other successful toylines), Hasbro basically used the Kenner name on their boys toys until 1999 or so.

*Cough*  Star Wars  *Cough*

Some say ithe purchase was  partially the result of a a 'grudge' between the two  -  SW VS G,I,Joe  or MASK vs  Transformers.

The whole reason why is before Kenner became fully absorbed Hasbro told Kenner to take Transformers in a completely different direction since G2 sold so poorly. They wanted a different take on the idea of transforming robots and they got it. So the Beast Wars toys were effectively designed by Kenner.

Yeah, the mark was on the card, not the toy.  Lower right corner, below the bubble.  My Fox Kids repaint Waspinator has the Hasbro mark they still use today, and those are the only two carded BW toys I have, so I didn't want to open Silverbolt if a Kenner card was rare.  Thanks for the info! :thumb

Archived