Kenner/Hasbro question...

The REAL Generation Zero

I recieved my MOSC BW (Fuzors) Silverbolt in a trade today, and I just noticed the corner of the card has the Kenner logo instead of the Hasbro logo.  What's the deal with that?  It still says hasbro.com, and liscensed by Takara and whatever, but I wasn't aware that they ever used the Kenner brand on Transformers.  Is this a rare item, or just something I missed?  :wtf

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Kenner may have actually had the Transformers licence back when Beast Wars was being released. A while back I recieved Beast Wars Magnaboss in an endcap buy and it is clearly labled Kenner on the instruction sheet. The toy itself is labeled 1996 Hasbro Inc/Takara.

:schin interesting.

Hmmm, never thought of this but yes, my beast wars booklet that came with my magnaboss is kenner, but I do not see any markings on my Silverbolt that say kenner. all the markings are Hasbro. On what corner and where exactly is the marking? I'm going to try to look some stuff up tonight and see what i find. It may have been that for a while when Hasbro bought kenner that they had to show both names on the packaging on the toys as part of the buy out deal. Again, I'll check it out.

When Beast Wars first started they were all handled by Kenner but when they really took off Hasbro stepped in Then all Hasbro products that had Transforming robots was marked Transformers. From Animorphs to Go-Bots toFisher Price 1 2 3 Transformers.

Hmmm, never thought of this but yes, my beast wars booklet that came with my magnaboss is kenner, but I do not see any markings on my Silverbolt that say kenner. all the markings are Hasbro. On what corner and where exactly is the marking? I'm going to try to look some stuff up tonight and see what i find. It may have been that for a while when Hasbro bought kenner that they had to show both names on the packaging on the toys as part of the buy out deal. Again, I'll check it out.

I only looked at two of the components because I didn't want to pull him completely apart.

One should be located underneith the eagle and above the tail. Another should be on the inside of Ironhides closing right side flap that holds everything in place.

Happy hunting. :thumb 

When Beast Wars first started they were all handled by Kenner but when they really took off Hasbro stepped in Then all Hasbro products that had Transforming robots was marked Transformers. From Animorphs to Go-Bots toFisher Price 1 2 3 Transformers.

just saved me some hunting, THNX!

Yeah, what Steevy said, I just think though Hasbro was scared of the competition they bought out Kenner. I mean Hasbro also bought Wizards of the Coast probally only cause Pokemon was THE thing at time and they were selling the toys for pokemon....Hasbrom is getting to be a monopoly  :tflaugh

Yeah, what Steevy said, I just think though Hasbro was scared of the competition they bought out Kenner. I mean Hasbro also bought Wizards of the Coast probally only cause Pokemon was THE thing at time and they were selling the toys for pokemon....Hasbrom is getting to be a monopoly  :tflaugh

When your a big dog like Hasbro who's been in the game since it started, you keep an eye on your competition, yes. Wizards bought up TSR when they had the pokemon/Magic thing going strong and then they get the quintisential RPG D&D, they triple the profits overnight, Kenner had every lisence that hasbro missed out on. However, Hasbro has more money, so they buy up little ol' kenner=more money. Later they buy up WotC=more money than they can shake a stick at. When they bought Parker Bros...they went through the roof and became the biggest toy and game maker in the world. When the competition scares ya, buy them out, buisness is a harsh mistress. But pay no attention at how rich all those people are that sold their companies ;)

Archived