UK Sightings

ukzarak

Any of you guys have anygood places to buy online? my town is small and only has the alternators which i dont need.

Welcome aboard dude! :thumb

BBTS (CLICKY!) have good prices, EXCELLENT customer service & good prices on overseas shipping costs. You can buy quite a bit before the shipping costs take a big jump so I'd recommend them for medium-to-large sized orders. Be warned though that they do put the actual value on the packages so they're sometimes liable for customs charges when they arrive in UK.

XyberToys (CLICKY!) have excellent customer service too. They're a bit pricey sometimes, but S&H costs are included in the prices. I'd recommend them if you're making smaller orders as their free S&H policy means it can sometimes work out cheaper.

Digital Toys (CLICKY!) are pretty cool & have some good deals on sometimes.

The Entertainer (CLICKY!) don't have the best selection really (UK based stores) but they have a flat-rate on postage, about £4 I think. They have good deals on sometimes so you may get lucky!

Play (CLICKY!) often have good deals on - definitely worth checking out.

They're the ones I use, I'm sure there's loads of other good ones about though. There's a "Shoppertron" subforum here (CLICKY!) where people can give mini-reviews on stores, compare experiences, etc so that's worth checking out too. If you find a store online & you're unsure about it you can always start a thread in there to see if anyone else has used them before.

I still think eBay (CLICKY! / CLICKY!) have some of the best deals around. As with any online purchases though (eBay & the stores) always:

1) Know who you're buying from! Read feedback, reviews, etc. Maybe ask around here if you're still unsure.

2) Pay with a credit card!!! Or at least check with your bank card issuers if they cover you for internet purchase. Cheques, etc aren't covered & PayPal suck balls big-time!

eBay does have more than it's fair share of con-artists... most sellers are pretty trustworthy overall though IMO.

Last (but definitely not least!) is "The End Cap" forum (CLICKY!) here. There are plenty of cool people here who can usually help out if you need help getting hold of something. There's an "End Cap Feedback" forum (CLICKY!) so you can read up on someone before you trade with them. If you hear of anything being sold at UK stores that you can't find then me or one of the other UK dudes should be able to help you out.

:thumb

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

i did post the link yet it refuses to die, i do feel sorry for this thread sometimes though,

couldn't we have the two threads merged?

btw i managed to get ratrap and taranchulas reissues from homebargins Doncaster today, i felt really lucky at finding the other two as Retford's and Sheffield's have sold out of them.

G1 Soundwave is now on the toys r us UK's computer :D:D:D:D:D:D
as long as it's £20 that will do nicely

• 1 month later...

Well the movie toys have just arrived in the UK and If your interested in them I'd grab them quick as both Argos and Toys 'R' Us have a buy one get one half price offer on all Transformers.

Toys 'R' Us Brent Cross (My local) have all the Real Gear figures, the Voice Changer Prime Helmet, the Prime Truck too Gun Changer, nearly all of the quick changer figures, the bump and go figures, the mini movie figures, the 2 Cybertron form figures, the Bumblebee/Prime stomping figures, and loads of other stuff like bags and lunch boxes etc. The only movie voyager figure they had were Ratchet and Blackout, they didn't have any off the other figures out yet which was a pain in the a$$.

I ended up taking both Ratchet and Blackout today from Toys 'R' Us (£19.99 each, £29.98 for both), here's a little warning though my Blackout has got some problems, the plastic seems to be a bit cheap on mine as some parts have started to go white due to stress only after one transformation, its a good thing that I'm not 5 years old as all it will be doing is sitting on my shelf gathering dust, also the back hatch holding in Scorpinok is very loose and tends to pop open even with the most gentleness of movements. The only problem with Ratchet is that the back bumper tends to keep falling down. All in all I'm fairly happy with them and I'll probably pick up the rest.

I'm going to go check Argos's website now to see if any of my local stores have the rest of the figures in, i'll let you guys know what I find.

PO :thumb

P.S. My boxes don't have the Robot head shot on them they just have a pic of the toy in robot mode

• 3 months later...

I was shopping earlier in Tesco, in my home town of Bognor Regis, when down the toy aisle, I saw the 2 pack set of movie Bumblebee '74 and '08 camero... it didn't have a price on it, and due to being in a rush, I didn't take a trip down the wine aisle to use the price scanner.

I'm not really into the movie figures, but I liked the way this was packaged and was wondering if you fellas could let me know if it is at all rare, and how much it's going for, if only to satisfy my curiosity.

£15 or under and I'd prolly pick it up... they're charging £18-25 on ebay excl' p+p

Archived