Transformers

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

How come TF's aren't in the top 10?! It should have been a tie between TF's & The Simpsons. And why were Bugs Bunny and the rest of them that made it SEPERATE from Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies? And Wacky Races #100?! I demand a recount! :tfmad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How come TF's aren't in the top 10?! It should have been a tie between TF's & The Simpsons. And why were Bugs Bunny and the rest of them that made it SEPERATE from Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies? And Wacky Races #100?! I demand a recount! :tfmad

The TF series they are refering to is the original one, not all of them.

I watched this, and generally agree with most of it.  There's plenty to argue with though - I always think that these shows are intended to provoke discussion more than anything else, but you can't deny The Simpsons and Tom and Jerry their rightful place. 

Please bear in mind that this is a UK program, so all you people stateside will have managed to avoid things like 'Jamie and The Magic Torch'.  And TFs weren't really shown quite as much here as they were in the USA.  Although in my opinion 37 could be considered a little high for the TF cartoon...

And Legend of the Overfiend was that SPAM one you were referring to, no idea how that got in there!  Channel 4 likes to be seen as quite a progressive, forward looking channel though, it's probably been on tv late one night...

I would hardly call Toy Story a cartoon.

If it's animated, it's a cartoon. The term cartoon only refers to the fact that it is animated, nothing more. You could call anime a cartoon and get away with it.

I've got to be the only person here who remembers Wait Till Your Father Gets Home.

I've heard of that, my brother swears it's funny.  :tfgrin

This list is the most arguable list I've ever seen. :tdown

I don't like the fact that they split the Looney Tunes gang up like they did. It's like putting Megatron and Optimus into seperate categories, just can't be done. Personally, I think Looney Tunes is far better than Tom and Jerry. But that's just my own opinion on that.

As far as 'fine animated cinema' Transformers has almost NO right to be on this list at all.. but it they threw in hana-barbara's early crap, I guess it does account for somethin. Fantasia would own this list hands down.. being an animator myself, I can vouch.. the things they did in that movie was friggin insane! People probably don't like it so much because the music puts them to sleep.. :roll

Still love G1 people, don't say I don't. Part of my childhood, doesn't mean I can't look at it as a professional work.. as far as execution goes, it was poorly done. -He Man was better, but not by much-

Archived