Death Star = Unicron

Elita-One

Unicron is a cross between the Death Star and Mega-Maid from Spaceballs.  :thumb

BTW GUIGUI, what "big spoiler" are you talking about?  Anakin becoming Vader?  That was about as easy to avoid as finding out before seeing that Leo DiCaprio movie that the the Titanic sank... :tflaugh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people also equate Unicron with the devil...

He has spikes in planet form, is all about destruction and death, has horns and a goatee...

But the Death Star/Star Wars references are all there too...

Some people also equate Unicron with the devil...

He has spikes in planet form, is all about destruction and death, has horns and a goatee...

But the Death Star/Star Wars references are all there too...

Goatee = Satan?

Heh, I'm sure Starscreamer will have something to say about that... :tftongue

(...)

BTW GUIGUI, what "big spoiler" are you talking about?  Anakin becoming Vader?  That was about as easy to avoid as finding out before seeing that Leo DiCaprio movie that the the Titanic sank... :tflaugh

Shhh! some people haven't seen the movie yet :tfgrin

Seriously, you know, the first time I watched Star Wars, I didn't know that. And not reading article and concerning Starwars and avoiding trailer is possible (I managed to do it for ep. III) Tough I suppose that having done that for six year shouldn't have been easy for the one that tried.

they did use star wars sound effects in the TF show alot. I know you guys heard them. I remember lazerbeak having a tie fighter sound on several occasions. Plus soundwave makes lightsaber sounds when ne produces energon cubes.

I almost thought this was gonna be anbother extremely lame topic, but it's actually kind of cool. (Who said the TFans boards never added to the fandom? Pheh! Proves we're more then meets the Internet?)

More Star Wars references then? Brainstorm is an X-wing, Vector Prime isn't unlike a Star destroyer and uhm... (I'm not a Star Wars geek anyways...)

points to earlier post

unicron was inspired by the planet saturn. the artist who came up with the design says so himself.

Note: All versions of Unicron, toys or otherwise, are based on the above designs, which Japanese and other designers copied. When Unicron was originally designed he had a moon as a mini Unicron. The position of his rings had to be changed because it blocked the mouth. And he has horns, bat-like wings, and eagle talons for feet to make him look demonic. The inspiration for Unicron is the planet Saturn.

I think TF:TM borrows heavily from classical myth.  So did Star Wars. 

The young, brash hero is given a boon, loses a mentor and continues on a journey (essentially) by himself.  He is tempted, thrown into the belly of the beast, only to overcome all his trials in order to defeat the Enemy (Sauron, Darth Vader, House Harkonnen) and return to his society to share with them the fruits of his labors.

That's a rough synopsis but a fairly accurate one from the Power of Myth (those of you thinking about getting into Joseph Campbell should pick that book up, since it's easier to get into than some of his other less casual works).

i can't believe you didn't include rodimus in that :redface

they did use star wars sound effects in the TF show alot. I know you guys heard them. I remember lazerbeak having a tie fighter sound on several occasions. Plus soundwave makes lightsaber sounds when ne produces energon cubes.

For that matter, Megatron used a light saber on Prime and used the same effects. Every one copies the Light Saber effect. Dont forget all the Star Trek effects. every one uses the patented Enterprise door opening and closing effect and the triquarter(how ever you spell it)

For that matter, Megatron used a light saber on Prime and used the same effects. Every one copies the Light Saber effect. Dont forget all the Star Trek effects. every one uses the patented Enterprise door opening and closing effect and the triquarter(how ever you spell it)

At least it wasn't like the Gobots movies where the Thrusters sounded like Tie Fighters.  :tflaugh

Archived