Major League baseball TF connection

Baron Funstix

Checkout this link here.  Not sure how many people here follow major league baseball but the Houston Astros new ball park Minute Maid Stadium has a train that runs at the top of the stadium, well I wonder then, wouldn't this be an astro's train, lol.  What do you guys think?

http://www.ballparksofbaseball.com/nl/enron712.jpg

http://www.photohome.com/photos/texas-pict...id-train-1.html

Except...that's an older model steam engine. REALLY old. Astrotrain was based on a more recent one (recent for the '80s anyway).

Very true, its definitely not the same model, I was just going for a play on the name

if you saw the second links photo description it clearly says

The train provides a link to the past for Houston and Union Station (the site of the ballpark).

i like it especialy teh hole:

When the Houston Astros hit a home run, the train blows its whistle and runs down 800 feet of track on the west side of the park, at a lightning speed of 10 MPH

go SpEeD RaCeR gO!!!! ;¬)

I live in Houston.  freefalll666 has a pretty accurate description.

Union station was actually a pretty big train station back in the day, and stood until the early 90's (even though it was non-operational). 

The train is really an amenity.  The whistle goes off when a run scores, and the train moves when there is an Astros HR. Pretty nice.  Been there plenty of times.

But yeah... UB is digging... digging...

Okay I'll give you that, its definitely digging.  I did have the pleasure of going to houston a few years ago, it is quite neat when someone hits a homer there.

Archived