Post your hauls and purchaces here. Pics welcome.

AutobotMaximal

I won't bother with pics but, here's my latest haul from wal-mart, all animated

Bumblebee - I got this figure for one specific purpose, an idea for a web comic. I'm going to start putting it together tonight. Figure's ugly as Hell in both forms, but I'll give it props for a unique transformation design. Too bad sometimes it seems easier to transform him then others, and I haven't been able to figure out why just yet.

Cybertronian Optimus Prime - The figure looks better then the on-screen version, I'll give him that. That battle axe/shield combo design works pretty well and he's actually bulky enough to make him look fairly tough, and he doesn't look too bad against classics Prime. Transformation mechanics are adequate, and while it's nice to have a place to tuck the axe away and out-of-sight, it's a bit difficult to set all those peices in at once. Nothing to bad, thought. I actually like him.

Battle Begins two pack:

Earth Mode Optimus Prime - I kept forgetting about the 'battle damage'. Could've done without that, but it doesn't take too much from him. His axe isn't as dynamic as the one for his cybertronian version, nor does it tuck away as well in his vehicle mode. Well, I suppose that's better then getting the same exact weapon again. His robot mode looks good despite the angle the designers went with (which is one I don't like, obviously) and his vehicle mode is solid. I'd take a point off for transformation mechanics, though. Not because they are the same as his cybertronian model, but because it's very difficult to detach the windshield section when transforming him from vehicle to robot mode. Fingernails alone aren't enough. It's a minor problem, but noteable.

Cybertronian Megatron - The movie inspired design doesn't look quite as good as his animated counterpart (Megatron so far is the only animated character I actually like the looks of) but he isn't too bad. A bit slimmer then prime, and he lacks his sword. His vehicle mode doesn't look much like his animated counterpart either, but I'm sure that would've proved quite challenging. His transformation is pretty basic, and you have to detach his cannon to do it. Granted, it's the only part you need to detach and it's held firmly in both forms, but still, I always take off a point for dissassembling being required for transformation.

Overall - the Battle Begins two pack is well worth it for the pricetag. $20 for two deluxes and a DVD containing the pilot episode (only, the second would've been nice to round it out), all of which are easily better then the Ultimate Battle two-pack we got not that long ago.

Well, I'm really happy with the two Prime's and Megatron, and I already know I'm going to like Earth Mode Megatron (can't wait to get my nerdy hands on him) and considering how much I dislike these animated designs, that says something. I'll have to get one more Autobot and a could decepticons though, just for balance. I'm thinking Grimlock, Blitzwing, um...Lugnut? One look at Bulkhead and Prowl and I want to kill babies, or kittens, or babies with kittens, while puppies watch, and then I'll kill the puppies, you get the idea. Just my tastes, I hate this style they used for animated. Can't wait till the new classics/universe figures hit the shelves, and some of those Marvelformers look very nice (especially venom).

Is it just me or in the usa on ebay are there more and more earth optimmus primes?? isaw like 12 auctions.

You would be correct there sir...

Just a heads-up to anyone without a WalMart around.

I just saw the animated figs at Target + ToysRUs in Milwaukee. They didn't have much, especially Target with only 3 pegged figs, but they're here !!!

Mark.

Is it just me or in the usa on ebay are there more and more earth optimmus primes?? isaw like 12 auctions.

You would be correct there sir...

man it needs to show up in ohio...

A semi old haul here, but one I wanted to share nonetheless

I recently went to A-kon (the oldest continually running anime convention in the united states)

Together, my wife and I came back with this many bags of stuff

100_0790.jpg

With allllll this inside.

100_0791.jpg

Here's some close ups

100_0792.jpg

100_0794.jpg

Too many things to list so I'll just give some highlights

Red Lion and Black Lion Voltron DVD sets

Gao Gai Gar complete box

Rayearth art book 2

Revolvertech Rodimus

a couple Valkerie transforming toys

lots of capsule toys

almost all of Aura Battler Dunbine

and a plushie, penguin, pokemon, piplup.

A week later, I went to a near by Wal-mart on a tip from this board and picked up these two.

100_0795.jpg

Well I really didnt get anything new per say tonight... On my way home from the wonderful world of working for Frito Lay Inc.. I stopped by one of my many Walmarts... just lookin really cause I got all the animated figures I want right now. and I got voyager Prime on his way in the mail so I was just browsing per say... well theyve got there animated figures on an endcap... so I walk down to see the movie figures and lo and behold but what do I spot on the shelf.. a Cybertron Primus, still mint in the box. and to top it off its the one that comes with the Unicron head... I freaked... so I took it to the scan price thingy, cause you know I figured even though the figure is a couple of years old Wally world would still have it for 50.00 well they didnt, 25.00 big bucks... I freaked and of course bought it lol... so I found some new - old goodness tonight... and yes the receipt is folded. well because I dont need my card info on the net lol

post-12680-1213767570_thumb.jpg

post-12680-1213767601_thumb.jpg

I recently went to A-kon (the oldest continually running anime convention in the united states)

Nice haul, Rod13! A-Kon is rather fun to collect stuff on. (I remember when I went a few years ago, I ended up bring two (medium-ish sized) moving boxes worth of stuff home. ) Gotta ask, which shop did y'get the little onigiri plush from?

Nice haul, Rod13! A-Kon is rather fun to collect stuff on. (I remember when I went a few years ago, I ended up bring two (medium-ish sized) moving boxes worth of stuff home. ) Gotta ask, which shop did y'get the little onigiri plush from?

My wife picked that up from an artist at artist alley. Unfortunately we can't really remember who it was. She had several of these, each with different faces. She also sold buttons, but that doesn't really limit down does it?

a Cybertron Primus, still mint in the box. and to top it off its the one that comes with the Unicron head... I freaked... so I took it to the scan price thingy, cause you know I figured even though the figure is a couple of years old Wally world would still have it for 50.00 well they didnt, 25.00 big bucks...

Holy crap dude, that's outrageous! Congrats, that's a killer find. You are going to open him up, right? He's a very cool fig. Enjoy.