Corvette/ravage or more tf's?!?

convoy676

As you get older...some things are more important in life even when you're 2 years away from getting your license and making a decision on TFs or a Corvette. Go get your TFs...(cough')...I mean get the Corvette. ;)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deffinitely the car. TFs can be more of an in between payments hobby kind like it is with me as of now. Of course a job needs to be aquired first before you can even think of doing both. Though my SUV payments/insurence is reletively low I'm going to have to lay low on Cybertron for the first while after I complete Energon.  :tdown  Ah well TFS aren't everything. :thumb

corvettes must be cheap where you are if you are choosing between it and a few Transformers :roll

my not asked for 2 cents;  Having a $50,000 car at 16 is like building a house out of filled up gasoline containers for an arsonist.  You should buy your self a car that you can tear up for a few years first, then graduate to a more expensive car

corvettes must be cheap where you are if you are choosing between it and a few Transformers :roll

my not asked for 2 cents;  Having a $50,000 car at 16 is like building a house out of filled up gasoline containers for an arsonist.  You should buy your self a car that you can tear up for a few years first, then graduate to a more expensive car

I was wondering if I was the only one thinking that.

I was wondering if I was the only one thinking that.

nope.. and i'm suprised i was the first to say it :tftongue

:thumb yeah i wanna get that but i also wanna put a decepticon logo on the car somewhere. You think that'll look cheezy? but yes definetly a car for the ladies

I had a con logo on my back window for as long as I had my first car.  It looked pretty good, makes you car more recognizable, and no one will make fun of it because if they know what it is, they're just as silly as you.

As a corvette owner, I'd say buy the car.  There's nothing like owning a Corvette and I highly doubt you'd ever regret the decision.... the problem here is you don't have your license yet, and aside from insurance, gas, & maintenance costs, you're also very inexperienced, and that's a whole lotta car to try and handle right out of the gate.  Get the car, but also get a junker to get good with before you start driving the 'vette more frequently.  You'll need to learn how to recover from a fishtail or spin before you jump in a 'vette, and since you're looking at a C5, make sure you keep the computer controlled handling on the first few years and get used to that before you turn it to "performance" mode, and if it's the stick, use the 1st-4th skip shift to help you maintain control and decent mileage.  Properly driven a C5 will net you 19mpg city, 28mpg highway.

edit:  btw, for those who were wondering about the prices, you can get a used '98-00 C5 for under $25k now, but you'll still be paying the premium on the insurance.

Archived