Anybody a collector like me?

vf1j

I don't have much of a Transformers collection, just some reissues, alternators, and MP Primes. In fact, I probably had more transformers as a kid than I do now. (What did happen to them anyways?)

I seem to go through phases in collecting, a few years ago it was Gundams (Japanese High grade, Master grade and Perfect grade models), mostly Gundam Wing. In fact, I have a bunch still not built. When the Gundams hit the US, I guess it just made me lose interest. Then I started to collect Macross, including the Bandai reissues (think Jetfire), then Yamato 1/60's, 1/48/s. But things have slowed. Now it's back to Transformers, where I'm planning to get all the Alternators and some reissues which I've missed as a kid (here's hoping for a G1 Grimlock, heck give me all the dinobots in original colors).

After transformers what next...maybe reissue GI Joes?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have much of a Transformers collection, just some reissues, alternators, and MP Primes. In fact, I probably had more transformers as a kid than I do now. (What did happen to them anyways?)

I seem to go through phases in collecting, a few years ago it was Gundams (Japanese High grade, Master grade and Perfect grade models), mostly Gundam Wing. In fact, I have a bunch still not built. When the Gundams hit the US, I guess it just made me lose interest. Then I started to collect Macross, including the Bandai reissues (think Jetfire), then Yamato 1/60's, 1/48/s. But things have slowed. Now it's back to Transformers, where I'm planning to get all the Alternators and some reissues which I've missed as a kid (here's hoping for a G1 Grimlock, heck give me all the dinobots in original colors).

i'm with you man i'm 26 years old and i don't have a tenth of what i had as a kid i feel your pain :tfsad

i have afeeling we will see the goes get reissued

also would it kill someone to make a few thundercats hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooo!

btw,do you have a heavy arms custom?

thundercats would be cool to bring back they were my second fav next to TF's

I've got some Gundams, I packed them away at Christmas and I haven't bothered to take them out again. Only really got them in the hopes of finding the angel wings version of Wing Zero, and I did. Still want the first Wing Zero. I collect toy cars when not collecting TF's.

-Chuckles

I don't have much of a Transformers collection, just some reissues, alternators, and MP Primes.  In fact, I probably had more transformers as a kid than I do now.  (What did happen to them anyways?) 

I seem to go through phases in collecting, a few years ago it was Gundams (Japanese High grade, Master grade and Perfect grade models), mostly Gundam Wing.  In fact, I have a bunch still not built.  When the Gundams hit the US, I guess it just made me lose interest.  Then I started to collect Macross, including the Bandai reissues (think Jetfire), then Yamato 1/60's, 1/48/s.  But things have slowed.  Now it's back to Transformers, where I'm planning to get all the Alternators and some reissues which I've missed as a kid (here's hoping for a G1 Grimlock, heck give me all the dinobots in original colors).

i'm with you man i'm 26 years old and i don't have a tenth of what i had as a kid i feel your pain :tfsad

Same here. Im 21 and I just started collecting again, as a kid though, good lord I had alot of transformers. Too bad I cant go back in time and tell myself to treat them better.

My mom sold all of my transformers at garage sell sometime when I was in high school. Since about 1997 I have been collecting as many as I could afford and now I have a collection that is 4 or more times as many as I had when I was a kid. Now at first I have to admit I only collected MIB or MISB figures but that was taking me forever to collect all the ones I wanted so about a year ago I just collected complete c9 figures and found out the box didn't matter as much to me. Don't get me wrong I still have Jetfire, Optimus, Megatron, and Fortress Maximus, among others that are MIB or MISB, but I have more figures that are just complete. Reissues are ok and I have a couple but for me it takes away some from the reason I collect these bots. Just my opinion of course. :tflaugh

I've been collecting for a few years and bought and sold Transformers so now I don't have nearly as much as I did at this time last year, but I do have all the Hasbro and Takara DW Box reissues. I am now planning on buying a set of sealed Dinobots this year.....as well as the new reissues that get released this year :)

I was on the Gundam kick for quite some time, also Evangelion, but staved off for a while. The Tranfomer kick stared about a year ago and I swear my collection kind of exploded. While the majority is Armada/Energon I do have some "chasers" I'm after. Especially after seeing Masterforce. I have Devestator, got 2 oringinal seekers and such...just really need Darkwing and Double Dealer and could pray for an Overlord reisue.. (though would kill for some Victory stuff, but that ain't happening).

Archived